Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Manc View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 82-4-2
Form: WWWWNW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Manc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Yo Cuba
    Posted: 25 June 2011 at 4:25pm
What happens if the scores arent even? Like, me Que and $n00z only have 4 votes each where as J5 and Spume have 5. How does it work out in a situation like that?
Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Stats: 47-22-0
Form: WWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cuba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2011 at 11:29am
It's an average...
Manc View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Manc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2011 at 11:38am
Oh right - so one guy can get a few 10s - but if another gets a load of 8s and 8.5s and 9s (more so than the guy with 10s), then the one with the highest average over the most scores wins????? Confused

Thats bollocks! Can see this 'game' lasting long smh
Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cuba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2011 at 11:44am
Well it's not really bollocks is it, because if one guy gets 3 10's and one guy gets 5 8's...the guy with the 3 10s has clearly written the better verse, the alternative is to say the person with the highest overall score wins & that basically ends up with who gets the MOST votes...

Who should be winning...the guy with 4 10's, or the guy with 9 5's?

But it is just a game, not like you're putting this on your CV is it? "I would've been Word Drop winner in Week 5 if it wasn't for Cuba's crooked system"
Manc View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Manc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2011 at 12:01pm
hahaha I'm not sayin its a crooked system. Please don't be offended Cubey Booby. I agree - the guy with the 10s should win - not the guy with 9 5s.

And yes I am puttin this on my CV - I thought that was obvious. Do you think I come here for fun? Just to pass the time and work people up? Hell no! Theres a opening for a rapper/zimaframe maintenence guy, in my local resedential care home. I want that fuckin job so it's imperative I win this shit! I hope you understand.
Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cuba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2011 at 12:15pm
LOL

This week was actually a pretty good example of why the averaging system is better...there's never going to be a situation where someone gets 9 5's and one person gets 4 10's, but there's every chance that someone gets 5 votes and gets a higher average mark & one person gets 6 votes with a lower average but has a higher total...

Most people will be getting around 8/9, so it makes sense that if you get an extra vote then you put someone else @ a disadvatange (because you're not likely to have opened up a 8/9 point gap in 5 votes against MOST people...the average vote basically assumes that the person with 5 votes gets one extra vote @ the average so you're on a level playing field in terms of the number of votes.

It's not perfect, because it assumes that the next person to vote on your drop will go slap bang in the middle...but the only other alternative is to take an average of what the voters have given that week and add that on, and that'd be based on other people's drops too...which is more complicated to work out & makes less sense

Manc View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Manc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2011 at 12:17pm
Thats fair enuff. That was what I was getting at so you hit the nail on the head - Mr Miyagi style!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic