Author
DressToKill View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: Lyricist Inc.

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 78-62-0
Form: LLWWWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DressToKill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Yo LP
    Posted: 29 October 2017 at 2:09am
Wondering if you may be able to fix my dilemma,

I bought the Roland Quad Capture today which was an upgrade on my audio interface. Now all was well when I fired reaper up after installing the plug ins required but then I hit record and noticed that the instrumental was being recorded with the vocal as well. Have you ever ran into this problem? I went to "Preferences" then "Device" and I have my interface input/output set up as the manual tells me to but I can't stop the fucking instrumental from feeding into my recordings. I use headphones as well so I know it's not noise coming from the room,

Any ideas?

Steroids Is not the only thing I take in the butt
Lord Puente View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
First boss you face, total noob

Audio Champ

Stats: 4-2-0
Form: LWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lord Puente Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2017 at 3:37am
are you recording on the same track as the instrumental?

like are you making a separate vocal track?

im not really sure. unless its as simple as you are recording over the instrumental track rather than adding a separate vocal track. any questions on mixng and setting up daws, im clueless. I just try looking at youtube for someone setting up their interface and followed that. you may need to adjust your preferences for the new audio interface.

but no, I have not ran into this issue. im prob the worst person to ask about that tho.

ive never even installed plug ins.

i will say that mission uses reaper as well so perhaps he can assist you. he only other person i know who uses it.
Lord Puente View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
First boss you face, total noob

Audio Champ

Stats: 4-2-0
Form: LWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lord Puente Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2017 at 3:44am
make sure you don't have playback while recording selected.

or maybe on the audio interface toggle the direct monitoring (altho i don't think this is issue)

or your wiring is wrong when you plugged everything in.

can be issue with your fx sends

that's all i got for suggestions.

better ppl to ask would be
neek
elite
mission
king Jehu
maybe ill scriptz

DressToKill View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: Lyricist Inc.

Stats: 78-62-0
Form: LLWWWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DressToKill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2017 at 10:34am
Thanks for the help,

I actually got it last night by luck by adjusting my input, I was getting pretty frustrated lol. Googled just about every single thing I could think of and nobody had an answer to fix the problem, anyways got it.

DTK

Steroids Is not the only thing I take in the butt
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic