Author
Trizzy Tre View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: EMPIRE

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 30-7-1
Form: WLWLWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Trizzy Tre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: [BL3] D. Von Doom -vs- Beans 3-0
    Posted: 16 June 2016 at 2:54am
D. Von Doom -vs- Beans

AUDIO TITLE MATCH

2 min Max
Acapella
House Rules
Due in 2 weeks
Verses sent to me

Any no show excludes you from future Bloodlines Events
Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Trizzy Tre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2016 at 1:33pm
Doom:

https://soundcloud.com/daofficial1/vs-beans

Edited by Neek - 07 July 2016 at 2:28pm
Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Trizzy Tre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2016 at 1:33pm
Beans:

https://soundcloud.com/massaker/doom-battle-2-final

Edited by Neek - 07 July 2016 at 2:36pm
Crimson Juice View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Crew: Lyricist Inc.

Stats: 6-11-0
Form: LLWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Crimson Juice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2016 at 1:55pm
Ahhh the links ain't working Trizzy..lol,"Neek oh Neek where art thou"..
Peace.
"You need to learn how to make an exit,
before you can dare make an entrance".
Neek View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Super Mario Slaughterer

Stats: 3-1-0
Form: LWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Neek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2016 at 2:35pm
both should be good now.

endeeze confirmed. thanks crim.
#Bananas
Crimson Juice View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Crew: Lyricist Inc.

Stats: 6-11-0
Form: LLWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Crimson Juice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2016 at 5:50pm

This vote has been accepted by a moderator.

Wow nice..

Beans you came nice and aggressive,although this in the terms of
delivery had some hiccups to be honest,plus the volume at which
you recorded this made it sound like you had a lisp,with that said
though you still had some good punches/personals in there,at about
45secs into the audio came the first real chuckle punch,the 1 about
sucking (Chekk) game dick,was decent and the telly tubby/just a
show for kids was good also,I just feel you went for presence on
the mic,and sacrificed delivery for it,you also had a few very short
pauses in this drop too,but on the whole pleasing enough..

Dvon,you audio came off quite smooth vocal wise,your delivery was
good as to your presence on the whole,now your contents here was
good,i like the way you got at him from a wrestling angle,plus
Orion bar was a nice good punch/personal,how you lost without the
battle taking place,that was Ripe,and the Hockley bar about the
Boston Bruins,was slick..

Overal nice battle with some catchy bars from both here,but there
is a winner,and that for me was Dvon,he came off more polished all
round here,I even thought he had the better punches/personals,but
then he has been at it longer than beens and it showed here,Beans
I feel your on a learning curve as audio's go,but I'll give you the
credit you deserve,your going to get there real quick..

Vote..DVon..peace.

"You need to learn how to make an exit,
before you can dare make an entrance".
Droidian View Drop Down
BIG GAME KILLER!

Stats: 7-2-0
Form: WWLWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Droidian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2016 at 7:06pm

alright...first off mad props to both. ..i know the amount of effort to get a solid 90 seconds out let alone 2 min...it's pretty rare to have both combatants bring sold bars. so again, real impressed here.

Doom: listening to this was rather daunting...i don't know how a person supposed to battle a character that brings everything to the table and makes it seem effortless...your wordplay, angles and schemes resulted in great punches that had multiple layers...and somehow the message remained clear. the surface level was completely accessible with the hidden gems buried within entirely reachable. and somehow you managed to bring schemes that weren't superfluous. you also switched up flows effectively that allowed for transition in tone, and had a smoothness and pace that allowed the listener to absorb the elements. to be honest the entire thing made me angry cuz to find fault would require some serious nitpicking...i kinda wish everybody would post the lyrics to go along..anyhow I'm totally going to rip you apart..after i spend a year in a monastery crafting the goddamn thing. all jokes aside...i listened to these on my phone so I'm not going to touch sound quality...maybe the room acoustics were a little church hall reverby...and maybe the breaths could have been hidden slightly...yeah i got nothing.   crazy good job. see you in a year.

Beans! good look here. great wordplay. ..love when coupled words create another in their middle...i think your aggressive approach is a good tactic against a cat like Doom..going real personal regarding lion's den was solid as it is pretty fresh in everyone's mind. i think that you had to be ferocious in this cuz you were facing someone who punches in a singsong way at times. ..who can periodically be vulnerable due to moments of being punch-light. i think that you varied how you presented an attack in a really interesting way. that Tre Von line...oof!...i don't know how i feel about the doubling of the vocals in some of the punches...i'm a bit of a purist (recording in one take, no compression or other effects..though a little fiddling with the waveform is ok ๐Ÿ˜‰). .flow wise you were strong...it took a line or two to settle in, but following that you really hit your stride. i really like that you finished with a gut shot (gut ch3kk time๐Ÿ˜‰)...i think you are prolly quite aware of the recording quality and its shortcomings. all in all, props.

i kinda think that acapella battles should be done on phones or something. ..level the playing field a bit. .though i love my DAWS and VSTS...anyhow..while i feel that 'barz above all else' to be the golden rule, there is something to be said of presence, swagger, delivery etc...punches are to be paramount...but a punch delivered with gravitas, character and without being forced is a whole other species.   

I'm thusly lead to vote for Doom.

nomedic View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Crew: Hunger Games

Stats: 35-25-0
Form: WWLLWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote nomedic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2016 at 9:25pm

yo

Doom

the delivery here was simply marvelous the "forms to fap line/jackin the beanstalk" idea was not the mos creative one i heard but the manner in which it was portrayed made it rather unique. i liked how your pace switched when you switched schemes and your vocal tone according to the type of statement that was given eg the orion line who vocal went higher to put emphasis on the statement this in my view shows how much control you had when dropping these bars id say your flow and schemes had better quality then the punches but ovER ALL it all came together well and i enjoyed the end product

Beans 

This couldve been the device you used to record like quality of the mic cause i wasnt too impressed with how sounded, but as far bars go you had a number of personals and nameplays i like the "d merit line".I also liked the adlibs you threw in it showed that you put effort into this recording the schemes were nice too seeing you use long bars i always wanted to kn0w how theyll sound on waX and they were sick 

I feel as though D edged Beans on the fact that his recording was alot more clear and his flow had alot more momentum hence less pauses it sounded asif he did one take and beans edited some areas with adlibs, as far as punches go i enjoyed what both candidates had to offer equally.

mvgt D 
Nigma View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Crew: Elision

Topical ChampOpen Mic of the Month
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Nigma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2016 at 10:18pm
Doom wins via 3-0 KO, congrats to the new audio champ!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic