Open Mic: a lyric I started working on... feed?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
SwedishDope View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SwedishDope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: a lyric I started working on... feed?
    Posted: 25 January 2013 at 2:00pm
Just gotta say tho... regarding EU and all this...

We are just turning in to another fucking United states.. And no disrespect, no problem with the people, the greedy fucks in charge tho....

What I mean is, example:

Let's say, just for fun, that cannabis was legal in the country I was born and raised, Sweden.. I would never ever again touch a drop of alcohol and only toke on that sweet sweet cheeba...

BUT

The EU law sais it's illegal, and what a shame for you,
your countries laws dont mean shit in the face of E.U!
You shall now hang for something so feeble and trife,
feels like getting, in my back, jacked and stabbed with the blunt edge of a rusty blade n' knife

If you ask me, a truly impressive and sneaky way of getting alot of countries and people together... 
Without even asking their consent..
Only question is if the purpose is for evil or good since they never,
truly tell you their true intent ....
I doubt it will get any better than it already is, most likely take a turn for the worse...
But hopefully we can rebuild something out of the ashes of "babylon",
first law shall be "thou shall not forget your past nor your history, bring it thus forth through our child-e-ren!"

This is just my "foundation" for the text, zero /(now some) polishing put down on this, and it's far from done..

So don't need to give hardcore feed, on that the rhyme scheme and so on is flawed... Since I know this myself and like already said, far from done..

Edited by SwedishDope - 25 January 2013 at 2:55pm
As I like to say, no such thing as "can't get no better, baadiing!" Gain no fame to stay the same!
DressToKill View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: Lyricist Inc.

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 78-62-0
Form: LLWWWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DressToKill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2013 at 2:30pm
Were there lyrics hiding in there somewhere?
The original comeback kid
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SwedishDope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2013 at 2:34pm
Haha, I know dude, thank u for the honesty none the less...

If u read the whole thing this is the "foundation" of a new track I started to form in my mind yesterday and began putting down in words earlier today..

Any feed on the concept and the few rhymes u can find? ;D
As I like to say, no such thing as "can't get no better, baadiing!" Gain no fame to stay the same!
Cee-Jay Outlaw View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 3-3-0
Form: WLLWWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cee-Jay Outlaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2013 at 2:38pm
Kinda as DTK said... were the rhymes hiding in there somewhere?

in terms of a concept the ideas not half bad, its whether you can link it up with the end rhymes and internals to pull it off, make it flow and  yet maintain the same sort of fire and enthusiasm throughout, its not an easy job and for some on the site, can make it look effortless..

Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SwedishDope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2013 at 2:44pm
Originally posted by Cee-Jay Outlaw Cee-Jay Outlaw wrote:

Kinda as DTK said... were the rhymes hiding in there somewhere?

in terms of a concept the ideas not half bad, its whether you can link it up with the end rhymes and internals to pull it off, make it flow and  yet maintain the same sort of fire and enthusiasm throughout, its not an easy job and for some on the site, can make it look effortless..

Haha, again, ty u for the honesty! :)

But as I replied on DTK, this is just a concept, foundation, which I started to form in my mind yesterday sometime and started to put down in words earlier today, like 20-30 mins before posting this thread... SO, with that said, don't give up hope on it just yet! :)

(will most likely not be about the cannabis shit either... more like "a big" question... cannabis is for me personally but ... not to enough people to make it stick..)

Here is some real dope shit, makes me proud swedes be dropping it so hard! 

The Casual Brothers - Decalartion of Motivation

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uoc4w3DQpJY

Edited by SwedishDope - 25 January 2013 at 3:15pm
DressToKill View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: Lyricist Inc.

Stats: 78-62-0
Form: LLWWWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DressToKill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2013 at 4:17pm
I wasn't trying to be sarcastic, I came expecting to see lyrics. If I were you from now on if your dropping concepts I'd take it to the general board, it may clear the confusion up, anyways..I'd like to see the idea put into play and where you'd take it.
The original comeback kid
CHAIN View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Reigning Open Mic King

Stats: 8-4-0
Form: LWWLWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote CHAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2013 at 5:04pm

+Sick-Witted+
CHAIN View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Reigning Open Mic King

Stats: 8-4-0
Form: LWWLWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote CHAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2013 at 5:05pm
WTF is this?

The Open Mics just keep on getting weirder and weirder.

And enough with the unfinished pieces already, if you‘re not ready to present your concepts to the world, then don't.

And now this shit. This is crazy to me...
Its like me posting the convo on msn that lead to the collab with Kay B.

You want a cookie? (no pun intended)

+Sick-Witted+
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SwedishDope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2013 at 5:08pm
@ Chain...

Since im so new to this...
Im here for opinions on what the fuck I write, thought that was why u call it "OPEN mic"
and u wont see anything TRULY finished for a long fucking while,
so if u dont wanna read my shit, dont... easy as that...
and I couldn't care less for ur fuckin' cake...
give me a break..

From me to you, freestyling... Been in the "BIS" for 15 days running..

Edited by SwedishDope - 25 January 2013 at 5:14pm
Jay Homicide View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 9-3-0
Form: WWLWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Jay Homicide Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2013 at 5:13pm
You're never gonna get better just writing 4-6 lines though. The only way to imrpove is to do longer pieces, and see what people say works and doesn't then go from there. It's really hard to give someone advice on so few lines.

In fact I swear the rule was OMs had to be 12 lines or more.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SwedishDope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2013 at 5:15pm
Okay, Jay, thats fun... because the other help I've gotten has been the opposite... thinking I post TOO MUCH, and instead try with a few lines to get feed...
Rameez View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Stats: 22-40-4
Form: NWWWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rameez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2013 at 5:16pm
wtf smh.. didn't felt like reading this..
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SwedishDope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2013 at 5:18pm
Rameez, if u dont feel like or Im starting to wonder if u are able to... read my stuff.. dont leave a worthless comment to tell the rest of us..
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SwedishDope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2013 at 5:21pm
Originally posted by DressToKill DressToKill wrote:

I wasn't trying to be sarcastic, I came expecting to see lyrics. If I were you from now on if your dropping concepts I'd take it to the general board, it may clear the confusion up, anyways..I'd like to see the idea put into play and where you'd take it.

I know u weren't, and my "haha" didn't mean I thought so either... I will drop concepts in the general board from now on man, my bad. And I hope u'll stick around to give feed on my work.

Would mean alot, read some of ur work and I'm impressed, found like, already 6-7 writers with real goddamn talent on this site! Clap :)
Rameez View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Stats: 22-40-4
Form: NWWWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rameez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2013 at 5:30pm
I gave you honest feed back.. I'll give you honest feedback in detail..

We are just turning in to another fucking United states.. And no disrespect, no problem with the people, the greedy fucks in charge tho....
^^We?? who? you think everyone will agree to this?

What I mean is, example:

Let's say, just for fun, that cannabis was legal in the country I was born and raised, Sweden.. I would never ever again touch a drop of alcohol and only toke on that sweet sweet cheeba...
^^wtf? this even confuse me more as an example

BUT

feels like getting, in my back, jacked and stabbed with the blunt edge of a rusty blade n' knife
^^Smh... whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat????????????
you mean EU law states?

If you ask me, a truly impressive and sneaky way of getting alot of countries and people together... 
I doubt it will get any better than it already is, most likely take a turn for the worse...
first law shall be "thou shall not forget your past nor your history, bring it thus forth through our child-e-ren!"
^^^ sorry that even getting more awkward

This is just my "foundation" for the text, zero /(now some) polishing put down on this, and it's far from done..

So don't need to give hardcore feed, on that the rhyme scheme and so on is flawed... Since I know this myself and like already said, far from done..

awkward

your score for this piece of shit is 0/10, plus -3 for refusing to accept the feed

This is my honest feedback.

Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SwedishDope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2013 at 6:23pm
Originally posted by Rameez Rameez wrote:

I gave you honest feed back.. I'll give you honest feedback in detail..

^^We?? who? you think everyone will agree to this?

Well, ofc u can't know this... but in Sweden, Sweden is kind of know as a "mini america", we are like them but "mini" which means abit less into the mess... And since I'm  from Sweden, I kind of write in a Swedes perspective, and I guess the first people I would, if I could, reach... would be.. yee u said it.. the SWEDES

What I mean is, example:

^^wtf? this even confuse me more as an example

Really?
What I mean is like THE WHOLE US has a set of laws, the state of California has it's own set of laws... if u know anything about the situation over there you then should be like "ahaaaa" over my example...

But in Sweden cannabis is illegal and in the most of the countries in the EU too as far as I know...
But was yet again nothing more than an example, maybe a poor one, and sorry for that.

BUT

^^Smh... whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat????????????
you mean EU law states?

What I mean is that every country, member of EU, can have it's own set of laws, but the EU laws still overrule them if need be...

^^^ sorry that even getting more awkward

it should already make more sense to u and if none of it does... I'm not able, or do care to help u anymore

awkward

your score for this piece of shit is 0/10, plus -3 for refusing to accept the feed

This is my honest feedback.

Edited by SwedishDope - 25 January 2013 at 6:30pm
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SwedishDope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2013 at 8:15pm
@ rameez, If it still makes no sense to u and u still give the whole thing 0/10 then u are a disgrace to represent this site as a 3/5 stars member...

My personal vote: downgrade to newbie permanently.. LOL

-Que- View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 13-4-1
Form: WWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote -Que- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2013 at 12:22am
I'll make this eeezy to understand Swedish Meatball ........I do enjoy your concepts and such but you can't possibly subject everyone to your every whim of thought. All you left out was what time you had to use the john. I don't give a shit how you come up with something unless its a hot drop and I already read it. Enough with all this Dr. Shrinker shit! And.....the way you come off as if "You're just so so intellectual and you gotta dumb it down for the rest of us."

Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SwedishDope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2013 at 1:01am
Originally posted by -Que- -Que- wrote:

I'll make this eeezy to understand Swedish Meatball ........I do enjoy your concepts and such but you can't possibly subject everyone to your every whim of thought. All you left out was what time you had to use the john. I don't give a shit how you come up with something unless its a hot drop and I already read it. Enough with all this Dr. Shrinker shit! And.....the way you come off as if "You're just so so intellectual and you gotta dumb it down for the rest of us."

Okay sorry, thats my bad, overposting half done shit... But I'm real thrilled over this new hobby of writing verses and improving it... That's why I am here in the first place, to learn more, get feedback on what I write, I believe that u become abit blind to your own work... So I'm sorry that I'm abit overenthusiastic about all this, I am..

And I dont wanna come off as that, even tho the REPLY on Rameez "detailed" and "great" feedback need a proper "that kind of behavior" diss as reply... Sorry if that's not how you doing things at this forum but the guy is simply not that good for the site in my opinion... and thank god what I care doesnt matter, but if that's his way of giving critique maybe he should give it a rest...

Does more damage then anything else... didnt mean to me u pretender(Rameez)... But maybe for other people who might not be as sure in themselfs, Just expressing my personal opinion to make that clear... and that was all I wanted to have said.

Hope u understand that Im not a big douch, far from it... Peace

Edit: Not highly educated either... Was thinking about the intellectual part... and I'm only rude if someone being rude to me... Easy as pie.. be nice or be rude in a constructive way and Im always nice

Edited by SwedishDope - 26 January 2013 at 1:09am
IZIAH View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Audio Rank: Unranked
Stats: 2-3-1
Form: WLLWLN
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote IZIAH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2013 at 2:21am
i say- fuck the debate. Big smile
~Insight The Inspired~
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic