Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Rameez View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 22-40-4
Form: NWWWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rameez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2011 at 1:53am

Sorry for your loss man, this was one of the best heart feeling verse I've ever seen over here, so props for your effort.... life goes on man, so try to relax and take it ez...

Peace

seek truth View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Stats: 0-3-0
Form: LLL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote seek truth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2011 at 7:31pm
i know i'm realy late on commenting on this but whatever, that was the best i have seen on this page, fuck this is crazy. sorry for your loss, but wherever he is now, he is proud off you. never deupt that
Hopesin
Vinnie Paz
SwizZz
G Mo Skee
Apathy
Benji (not the one you're thinking about)
...Hip Hop ain't dead....it's just not popular anymore
Madeye View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 8-4-0
Form: WWLLLL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Madeye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2011 at 6:50pm
Can't say I can relate- as of yet...  and ain't lost someone THAT close to me (god bless).
But, I def~ feel every line of this tribute to your son, Stalin.  ~~~My respects.

Alot of lines can be identified with, and personally, I felt I HAD to keep reading. 
I could see how the 3rd verse was the toughest to write, speculating on
all the things that could have been... that's some rough moments right there.

Props on this, Fam.

<font color=darkgray>I'm only offended by those I respect... and I don't respect you[/COLOR]
-Orion- View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Crew: Renegades

Text Rank: #1
Stats: 90-4-1
Form: WWWWNW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote -Orion- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2011 at 9:09pm
This takes me back . . .

Congratulations to you and yours for keeping on like you have...your progression in these five years deserves recognition, celebration. And this... well this just goes deep into every corner of your consciousness and puts it down on paper...or, screen, whatever...basically. I feel it. You can't not feel it. Honestly if you ever felt like breaking it down into proper bars/consistent structure the whole way through it could qualify as a fucking classic if it ever went down on a track...but I guess that isn't really the point, and would detract from the raw element of all this, which is completely uncensored from start to finish and just gets all that expression out there just as you intended... no embellishment, no padding out with filler, no conformity to criteria, no syllable count, no fear, no fronting... no doubt, you and your verse deserve all the credit they get

. . . Now who said they fuckin' with me?
They just said that FUCKIN' with me
They didn't mean it
Nah . . .
J504 View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Stats: 25-0-0
Form: WWWWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote J504 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2012 at 3:28pm
Can we get this into Classic Verses ?

Big ups to Stalin on this. Peeps need to see it.
Manc View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Stats: 82-4-2
Form: WWWWNW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Manc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2012 at 3:35pm
Agreed - this needs to be classified as classic rhyme
Cee-Jay Outlaw View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 3-3-0
Form: WLLWWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cee-Jay Outlaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2012 at 3:38pm
I Saw this ages ago when it was wrote and cant believe i didnt feed it, i swear i did... 
Like most on here the raw emotion and the way this was worded played on heartstrings it had to be the most realest stuff i've ever seen on L.A. Period! 

Sorry about your Loss Dude, couldnt imagine the pain you'd feel when this actually happens to you and i dont think i'd wish this pain on my worst enemy as life isnt something you wish away from anyone.. I'm struggling to think how hard it must have been for you to write this aswell dude... through blurry eyes and struggling to maintain yourself... somehow you did it..

I Agree with J504... CLASSIC VERSE THIS!
Psycho Tick View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Crew: XFade: Phoenix

Stats: 0-1-1
Form: LN
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Psycho Tick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2012 at 4:17pm
so what happens if we say something bad?
only playing this a sick piece,
loved the raw emotion,  
and probably one the best pieces ive read on this site so far

BIG GAME View Drop Down

Stats: 29-4-0
Form: WLWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote BIG GAME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2013 at 6:20am
Wow dude! this was very deep and emotional bro! Man, what a sad thing Stal, I feel for you 100. This piece had every bit of your emotion involved and just told your story and feelings so vividly. It's hard to feed this piece because I feel so much pulled into the situation from the read than the actual piece itself. You couldn't have said what you needed to say any better. This line here really caught my attention:

now all I could do is keep my head up and stay as strong as u would
Im so sorry Anthony, I had to let u go but I held u as long as I could

but the complete piece actually caught my attention.
Great drop, sorry for your loss and stay up bro!
Stalin View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Stats: 34-12-2
Form: LNWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Stalin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2013 at 5:38am
Seen this bein looked at, just wanted to say thanks to everyone for the comments. I appreciate it. Even reading it now is hard, yalls words mean alot.
J504 View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Stats: 25-0-0
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote J504 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2013 at 5:18pm
This is still my jam, you already know.

Stay up, Stal.
-Que- View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 13-4-1
Form: WWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote -Que- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2013 at 7:19pm
I dunno if this was dropped during one of my disappearing acts or what. This is truly among the most deepest pieces I've ever read on L.A.
Stalin ..................I am very sorry for your loss bro.

Stalin View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Stalin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2013 at 5:56am
Thanks again for the comments everyone.. I still read this at times.
Stalin View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Stalin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2013 at 6:00am
Thanks for gettin this into classic verses... appreciate it pb
U.N.L.M. View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 23-15-0
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote U.N.L.M. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2013 at 4:29pm
Well-deserved as everyone has basically said. The ability to put these emotions into your verse is just spectacular in its own right. It's hard for anyone to read this drop without getting a lump in the back of your throat. Props on this, and keep going strong.
levy420 View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: Tha Syndicate

Stats: 39-33-4
Form: LWWLLN
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote levy420 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2013 at 3:26am
Dam stalin this was really heart felt i got a boy n a girl who i raise on my own i couldnt imagine goin threw thst n i sympathise for wat u where faced with. real talk this had me in tears in the third verse all i could think is dam wat if my son jerome never made it n honestly i dont think i could b as strong as u so u got nothing bur respect from me in that aspect im sure this was a really hard peice for u to write theres nothing to criticide ur workin wit raw emotions so in some points the flows gonna b a lil sloppy but this came together nicely ill prolly read this every now n then. im sorry for ur loss stay up
I'll explode at the drop of a dime like proximity mines
Nigma View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Crew: Elision

Topical ChampOpen Mic of the Month
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Nigma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2013 at 5:26am
Stalin, I read this verse shortly after joining the site. I don't quite recall how I came about finding it however it's one of the reasons I decided to remain active. The true essence of an OM community is inevitably defined by the veterans who inhabit it and I'm happy you're still around.

I can't recall having fed many of your pieces and since I've read through this verse a few times I felt the need jot down a few words. 

More often than not, I feel songs don't transition well to OM drops, especially with chorus, however you throw the book out the window. Whether this was written in the modernly traditional OM format, prose, iambic pentameter, pig latin, it doesn't matter. It would transition well to anything simply because of the amount of emotion and pain laced from start to finish as well as the translucent letters between the lines. I feel that you have a natural ability to portray emotion through your writing in a way that the readers can essentially feel through your words. When you have a talent like that and pair it with a true tragedy, something beautiful can be born, sparking a small piece of light inside a pit of darkness. Going through something like this will inevitably harden the even the softest of temperaments, but you'll be able to live the rest of your life knowing that you created this rose which has grown through the pavement. 

I commend you for this piece and give you much overdue condolences. This is probably the most real verse that I've ever read sir.

Respect.
Vib.Klean View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 35-28-0
Form: LLLLLL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Vib.Klean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2013 at 6:03pm
Even though youve never left comment on my shit,ive read over this a bunch of times in the hof andvthe emotion involved in this couldnt be clearer than floridian water. I can see tears dropoingvdown someones cheeks by the end of this.

You definitely know how to pull the audience in with your choice of words and very few people can do that while keeping it short and simple. Fuckvthe regular OM format,you did it your own way cuz u can.

This is coming from someone who doesnt give a fuck about anything he says/never think twice. I cant shit on this even if i wanted to.vthat third verse sealed my lips.

I see this was long ago ,we went back n forth in the OM for a bit but beef aside(i have none with u btw was just fuckin wit scotty)i give u the salute
AshleyKaos View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Crew: Tha Syndicate

Voter of The Month

Stats: 28-63-3
Form: LWLLNQ
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote AshleyKaos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2013 at 9:55am
amazing verse so beautiful... no words can describe hpw much of a perfect piece that was and how beautifully deep its meaning was..... braught a tear to my eye
NUMBER 1 FEMALE MC TILL THE DEATH OF ME
Freeda5thDawg View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Crew: Lyricist Inc.

Stats: 5-1-0
Form: WWWLWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Freeda5thDawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2013 at 9:19pm
Classic and beautiful. Glad I got to see this again. Blessings to you, Stal.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic