Author
Kay B View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: Lyricist Inc.

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 58-32-0
Form: LLWWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kay B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Justice For The 96 ft cee jay
    Posted: 29 May 2013 at 9:21pm

Kay
CeeJay

I speak as a liverpool fan when i say...

Saddest day in sports history, million questions asked
Searching for the truth, an' for years that quest'd last
"Crowd trouble caused the incident, it was fans fault"
Refused to believe this explanation, family's would stand tall
Hillsborough trust with a handful, Politicians backing the lie's
Police editin' statements, corruption had taken these lives
Son's, daughters, cousins, husbands snatched from from wives
THAT'S why scousers celebrated that maggie thatcher had died

*NEWS FLASH*

Crowd trouble at anfield injured fans holdin' there heads
They refused to open gates, spread lies we stole from the dead
Crushed between fans and a fence, couldn't believe the sight
Cover up begun before it started, led by chief constable, Peter Wright
Government rejected investigations, fans took a bold stand
Singing for the 96 before kick off, they'd all hold hands
Sickened by the lies, pre-planned stories, slander of fans
But when the truth was revealed, shocked by the disastrous plans
Every club around the country now admits this critical shame
Chants of "murderers" would echo round stadiums, despicable blame
Police stood by. watchin' the terror, More important they stand
And the fact it was PROVED they coulda saved lives of FORTY ONE fans

Justice for the 96....You'll never walk alone...

15th April 1989, sombre day on merseyside
wives being told their husband's died
due to a bunch o' lies, many families united
due to the event that happened so fast... unsightly
These events are rare, the madness happens once in a blue moon
Carrying the perished off the pitch "He Aint Heavy" as the tune
as Fans squashed, yet the Countries finest sat only thinking of themselves,
you know the judical systems fucked When the Police don't attempt to help
anyone sport related will stand tall and sing JUSTICE in Unison
whether, Yank, Manc, Scouse or Cockney or truly a Hooligan
It was apparently the fans fault FOR the loss of the many lives
for 24 years, affected families have put up with THE lies
The lost 96 has the entirity of Merseyside in unity
as they protest and demand to know how their kin died brutally
truthfully, sources pleading the fifth, no paper reading
siphoning the shit and saying 'that'll stifle the bereavement'
fans'll rightly sing at Anfield n you'll never Block the tone
Merseyside will always deliver the tune "You'll Never Walk Alone"
We will never rest until the battle against this criminal judgement is won
Peter Wright, the fans will never silence until Justice is done

fuckoff View Drop Down

Stats: 27-6-0
Form: WWWWWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fuckoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2013 at 9:33pm
you cant say the fans are blameless..

but both well written, thought out verses. its weird how 96 is now synonymous with the hillsbrough disaster. which shows how well scousers have paid tribute to those dead. 

props on the drop. 

Kay B View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kay B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2013 at 9:40pm
In what way were the fans to blame?...Serious question, im intrigued

Thanks for the feed btw
fuckoff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fuckoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2013 at 9:45pm
np. just saying i get the whole uproar and that about the police. but to say the fans dont take a tiny bit of blame is mad. surely alot of people made individual descisions to keep pushing their way in. im not saying they knew they were in effect killing other fans. but. people, without a doubt. must have realised, this is a big fucking crowd push everyone at the front. ultimately that is a contributing factor. the police didnt chase them into the ground mounted on horses with AKs. so yeah. like i said, i jus think the whole high horse thing from the scouse camp is a little over the top, it was an accident with many contributing factors. yes police made mistakes. and they should be accountable. but it was an accident.
Kay B View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kay B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2013 at 9:52pm
Accident, yes. A yes there was a big group of fans outside the stadium who could of been told to go away, they may or may not of caused trouble if told that i wouldnt say they'd of walked away peacefully, BUT it was the police that opened the gates and let these fans in, and also stopped them entering through certain area's to be in specific stands (that were half empty) yet were told NOT to, and to go through different doors leading to the stand which was ALREADY over-crowded, so yes i do see your point in terms of fans being outside, once being crushed would a normal reaction of anyone not to push and try to escape ASAP, especially if u have children, Had the gates on the fence been opened MANY fans would of got out safely, but police refused to open the gates as they feared a pitch invasion, which is worse?...And no, the police didn't chase them into the ground, like i said before it was the police that LET THEM IN...I don't see how you can say any action/reaction from the family's is over the top, though were all entitled to an opinion, but would u not be the same if it had been your wife, brother, son that had died?
fuckoff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fuckoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2013 at 10:07pm
yeah i get what ya saying 100%, my main point is the demonizing/blaming of the police is a tad excessive. 

anyway ill let ya thread get back to the feed 

peaz
Kay B View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kay B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2013 at 10:15pm

• Report highlights how statements by police officers and ambulance crews were systematically altered
  • Six officers who were said to have spread confusion and misinformation are named in report
  • Fans say South Yorkshire Police conducted the 'biggest cover-up in history'
  • Panel finds that as many as 41 of those who died could have survived with proper emergency response
  • Force's current chief constable David Crompton apologized for the 'disgraceful lies'
  • Source of The Sun's notorious 'The Truth' front page was a Sheffield press agency

Excessive?..haha Thanks again for the feed, appreciate it an' yea we'll leave this for feed now

-Orion- View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Crew: Renegades

Text Rank: #1
Stats: 90-4-1
Form: WWWWNW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote -Orion- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2013 at 10:54pm
Fans were reckless, but that large a group of people and that's always a possibility -- not to the point where you can really hold them that accountable...

The police are there to manage that crowd. Not only did they fail to do that, but their failure to deal with the crush as it was happening and, most importantly of all, the corruption involved in the cover-up, make for conduct about as incompetent and disgraceful as it could have possibly been under the circumstances. I mean, the police have done far worse in their time, of course, but this was a football match, how much more dereliction of duty could there have possibly been at a football match? People died, a lot of people died and the response to that from the police, as an institution, was abysmal.

All that said, every year when it rolls around it can get melodramatic in certain sections...but that's more with regards to seemingly putting this tragedy on such a pedestal in terms of its severity. Of course every tragedy is a tragedy and to the people personally involved it's that much more tragic, but I would imagine what fuckoff was getting at, maybe, was that it does get hugely ramped up compared to many arguably 'greater' atrocities/tragedies that have been unsolved/unresolved and so on... what I don't think is that the police get an excessive wrap out of this...not at all. They deserve everything that's come at them and more.
. . . Now who said they fuckin' with me?
They just said that FUCKIN' with me
They didn't mean it
Nah . . .
Kay B View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kay B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2013 at 11:16pm
Originally posted by -Orion- -Orion- wrote:

Fans were reckless, but that large a group of people and that's always a possibility -- not to the point where you can really hold them that accountable...

The police are there to manage that crowd. Not only did they fail to do that, but their failure to deal with the crush as it was happening and, most importantly of all, the corruption involved in the cover-up, make for conduct about as incompetent and disgraceful as it could have possibly been under the circumstances. I mean, the police have done far worse in their time, of course, but this was a football match, how much more dereliction of duty could there have possibly been at a football match? People died, a lot of people died and the response to that from the police, as an institution, was abysmal.

All that said, every year when it rolls around it can get melodramatic in certain sections...but that's more with regards to seemingly putting this tragedy on such a pedestal in terms of its severity. Of course every tragedy is a tragedy and to the people personally involved it's that much more tragic, but I would imagine what fuckoff was getting at, maybe, was that it does get hugely ramped up compared to many arguably 'greater' atrocities/tragedies that have been unsolved/unresolved and so on... what I don't think is that the police get an excessive wrap out of this...not at all. They deserve everything that's come at them and more.

Agree completely, though u coulda dropped some damn feedback on the open as well as the situation lol
Kay B View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kay B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2013 at 3:12pm
Uppin for feedback
J504 View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Stats: 25-0-0
Form: WWWWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote J504 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2013 at 4:10pm
All contraversy aside here.... And it helps that I'm not a fan, lol. I gotta say this was excellent.

The main 2 reasons it was great was because was #1 because of the storytelling. You both gave enough info and enough passion about this tragedy to make non-fans interested and even compelled to learn more or develop their own opinions about it. The 2nd reason is because you guys are in Lyricist Inc. lol

But seriously tho, this was excellent. I can see both of you put equal skill and passion into this and as I said before as a guy who isn't a fan, this piece kept me glued the whole time. Alotta heart put into this one, fam.. I got mad respect.
spume corrupt View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Stats: 20-7-1
Form: WLWLLL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote spume corrupt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2013 at 8:29am
Nicely written lads!
You both captured the essence of this tragedy an retold it well
It was obvious these drops had real emotions attached
LI

J504 View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Stats: 25-0-0
Form: WWWWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote J504 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2013 at 2:58pm
Can I call you guys:

Bee Jay ?

Lol
fuckoff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fuckoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2013 at 3:00pm
LOL

CHAIN View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Reigning Open Mic King

Stats: 8-4-0
Form: LWWLWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote CHAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2013 at 6:26pm
I don't care for this topic at all. RIP though

Kay‘s accuracy made his verse shine with vividness *gag*

His last bar was powerful ...and honestly Cee Jay kinda murked it.
His verse was very on point.

+Sick-Witted+
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic