Rutter knows best View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Crew: EMPIRE

Text Champ

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 44-12-0
Form: WWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rutter knows best Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: [WD#5]The Island
    Posted: 26 July 2016 at 1:25am
I got the nepotism of a man who's heads a prison,
Fucking with my mind like a conjugal visit was not the best decision
Now i've set divisions, misanthropic..i don't suggest you visit,
Ever the antagonists, but i've let my passion drift..I'm yet to miss it
Soul been dead a minute, my mind keeps asking for more boarders
Time for kinship's impish, A transient thought asking a tall order,
They say i gotta try, but i'm ossify'd n god knows it,
This my respite...its time to grow on my own w/ no need for osmosis,
Thou shall not show it..i go to the Jim Carry weights n i don a mask,
God n Iconoclast, don't know if can i prove myself wrong but i gotta ask
#bananas
Ridley Squat View Drop Down
Street Team
Street Team

Crew: Tha Syndicate

Stats: 9-6-0
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Ridley Squat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2016 at 1:57am
Sick drop Ruttz
Can't do detail now
But nicely thought out, and my favourite so far
A strong contender for second place ...
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Text Champ

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rutter knows best Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2016 at 5:49pm
Apreciate it rid, thought I'd do something a lil different.

Thanks for all the feed guys,
#bananas
Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Stats: 47-22-0
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cuba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2016 at 9:12pm
Second place? Is Rid's planning to drop a bomb on us?? Nuke

Loving the use of conjugal though...so many dope plays so far, surely one of those is heading for line of the month?! Really solid metaphor in the setup as well, that's gotta be a contender. Overall it was a new side from what I've read from you before, came across more reflective/introspective and some real understated moments in the drop...two minor points of criticism, felt like some of the lines were a bit congested in terms of syllables, not to the point that it was stilted but if you'd been a bit more selective felt it could've been a bit smoother. As much a matter of style as anything else, I personally like it read super smooth and fluid. Second one is more a pet peeve in that you repeated a couple of words "god" and "visit" were the one's I noticed...personally I don't really like to see that unless it's deployed as a deliberate tactic, came across a little lazy. 

That said, was still a very solid drop...quality of all the drops I've read so far is really high. Good work.
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Text Champ

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rutter knows best Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2016 at 4:56pm
Thanks cubes, good feed back. I do overwork things sometimes, especially the last couplet, I get what your saying with the using the same word twice. If it ain't the rhyming word I'm kinda easy on that but I do get what ya mean. Glad you enjoyed it as a piece overall.
#bananas
-Que- View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 13-4-1
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote -Que- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2016 at 5:42pm
Seen some of your previous work...you my dude def got a high level of skill. This was a different play on the words which painted dark situational imagery. Plus your multi usage made it that more dope. Great entry Rutt

spume corrupt View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: Lyricist Inc.

Stats: 20-7-1
Form: WLWLLL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote spume corrupt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2016 at 10:05pm
Loved the moody questioning kinda feel this had
And it all came round to the closer nice
Dope effort here bro

Neek View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Super Mario Slaughterer

Stats: 3-1-0
Form: LWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Neek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2016 at 2:35am
I thought this started off on the right foot. these word drops seems to be your drink of grape juice because they produce your best material.

I did get lost a bit tho trying to piece it all together. started off that you were crazy. then dead. then accepting youd died and going to meet your maker with a fuck it attitude. the way you opened, had you kept that theme I think this woulda been crazy as fuck. still an enjoyable read tho. hope you enter the next one as well. goodluck.
#Bananas
Droidian View Drop Down
BIG GAME KILLER!

Stats: 7-2-0
Form: WWLWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Droidian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2016 at 5:20am
as i moved through this i had a sorta alan moore meets the cell feel to it.   there are all sorts of ways to interpret this but the underlying sense of confusion, some dread and futility, mixed with an uncertain hunger really evoke a lot of different feelings.

daydizzle89 View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Stats: 6-11-0
Form: LWWLLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote daydizzle89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2016 at 7:48pm
got the nepotism of a man who's heads a prison,
Fucking with my mind like a conjugal visit was not the best decision
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
THIS OPENER WAS SICK BROTHA. REALLY DOPE HERE

Very aggressive here with the flow. Bouncy in a good way. The metas used were dope as well. Favorite WD this month brotha.That opening bar was dope as fuck though. Great work
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic