Sammy View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Beacon of Light

Crew: Elision

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 1-1-1
Form: LNW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote Sammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I Can't See - Rhetorical, Sammy, Nigma
    Posted: 20 April 2017 at 12:38am

Lord Puente View Drop Down
Final Boss

Audio Champ

Stats: 4-2-0
Form: LWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Lord Puente Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2017 at 12:55am
FINAFUCKINGLY
SELF ACTIVATE View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 1-1-0
Form: WL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote SELF ACTIVATE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2017 at 1:03am
Damn!

That shit was fuckin sick. Like .....you muthafuckas serious?

Damn!
Final Boss

Audio Champ

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lord Puente Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2017 at 1:13am
rhetorical - lyricism is great as fuck. lyrically you at the top, so I cant really tell you anything in that aspect. you got really heavy content always.

performance wise, I don't think this is your best performance, although I do like the aggression at the start at the end of that bar. I think you did it twice. it was ncie having that empotion in the audio. I think tho with a bit more practice you could have nailed this a bit better. great job overall tho, no doubt.

Sammy - that hook/chorus is dope as fuck man, solid job broseph! ---- came back after writing this---- is this not a hook and just a part of your verse? im just curious since it only came on once.

now on your verse itself, it was a bit low at parts. I think its because in your original recording your volume changes when you emphasize words (which I do too a lot), which makes the compressor not work as well. some parts are easier to listen to. your chorus tho was the highlight of your parts simply because it took charge and was very present and easy to hear and understand. you got a dope voice for audio, I think maybe it could have been mixed differently. other than that, the lyrics were dope as fuck the flows were tight. there were a couple parts that you were runnin out of breath at the end of. dope job tho seƱor.

nigma..... why the fuck do you never drop audios?!?! you have some heavy crazy ass rhyme schemes riddled throughtout your verse. super fukcing dope man, I really didn't see this coming at all! my number one verse of this was yours. I really loved the delivery and flow on your part.
your verse seems to ound like its falling behind the beat. I think your verse should be relocated on where it is falling. not sure if you know what im talking about as I only know of its existence. but what you do to make it sound like its coming from top or bottom front or back on the speakers.

"I rap you listen, grab you like crabs are pinching" this one part, I did not think sounded to well on yours. and also at 4:11 seconds you ran out of breath as you finished that bar.

im just being nit picky solely for the reason of improvement. this was an awesome fucking drop by all of you. you all brung it and it was fucking tight! im glad to see you guys on the map!

maybe we get one member in the kotam this month? if not maybe next month
Sammy View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Beacon of Light

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Sammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2017 at 1:15am
@LP told you, man ha!

@Self, yo u reppin the squad on the next one? if u are then im down for it also

SELF ACTIVATE View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 1-1-0
Form: WL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote SELF ACTIVATE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2017 at 1:17am
After this I don't think I have a choice
Sammy View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Beacon of Light

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Sammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2017 at 1:19am
Originally posted by Lord Puente Lord Puente wrote:

maybe we get one member in the kotam this month? if not maybe next month

we gotchu, son. i'll likely jump on it

Neek View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Super Mario Slaughterer

Stats: 3-1-0
Form: LWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Neek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2017 at 1:21am

ERROR

The request could not be satisfied.

CloudFront wasn't able to connect to the origin.

Generated by cloudfront (CloudFront)
Request ID: U5dLhjDVP7566zHe_jZ-6WexWlH3JdXgJFD8wqyca7eeaI5gOc0sPw==

someone send me the mp3 or something.
#Bananas
Nigma View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Topical ChampOpen Mic of the Month
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Nigma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2017 at 1:23am
I think we broke soundcloud
Final Boss

Audio Champ

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lord Puente Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2017 at 1:27am
you motherfuckers.... now I cant drop my kotam... yall broke soundcloud for real!
Amgin View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Stats: 0-3-0
Form: LLL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Amgin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2017 at 3:48am
Dope audio guys
Sammy View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Beacon of Light

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Sammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2017 at 6:40am
[QUOTE=Neek]

ERROR

The request could not be satisfied.

CloudFront wasn't able to connect to the origin.

Generated by cloudfront (CloudFront)
Request ID: U5dLhjDVP7566zHe_jZ-6WexWlH3JdXgJFD8wqyca7eeaI5gOc0sPw==

someone send me the mp3 or something.
[/QUOTE

my bad for the late reply bro, i fell asleep. not sure if Sound Cloud crashed earlier  but its up and running now, sir.

Elite View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: eNtiTy

Audio Rank: #4
Stats: 5-0-0
Form: WWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Elite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2017 at 11:38pm
this was a very well put together piece. ill start with the beat first and foremost. this is about as rugged and old school as you can get. the really shit quality lofi drums over that eerie and repetitive piano loop (with the sick vinyl cracks in the background) made this beat reaaaallllyyy easy to vibe to. this is the type of imperfect and dirty quality sound boom bap producers need to be shooting for, so this is awesome beat selection. 

i honestly have the same opinion for practically everyones verses, so ill just grade you guys as a group rather than individuals. you all rode the beat magnificently and displayed some high expertise rhyming and wordplay here (especially Nigma. the way you transition the poetic formatting of your bars from text to audio is honestly pro level shit). 

The ONLY issue i have with this song at all is Nigma's delivery. it is great that you are making slow transitions to audio so here is the biggest help i can offer you to use in the future since you are still very early on. when you spit on this track, you have an impeccable flow but a very obnoxious delivery. You sound really nasally as if you're rapping through your nose for the majority and it comes off distracting to the listener. When you are rapping try to build up your confidence, because this beat calls for it. when you hear a beat that gets your head boppin you dont want to be let down by a quiet spitter with delivery that doesnt match the sound. on this type of shit you wanna be loud and show off your swagger when your spitting, especially with the insane bars you were throwing out. just my 2 cents, otherwise your verse was absolute shit but i secretly like it. fuck you

overall guys this is top notch effort here, really glad to see this type of work being posted on LA again. keep makin us proud w this shit. peace
Exoduzt View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member
NaCl

Stats: 41-7-5
Form: WWWWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Exoduzt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2017 at 3:19am
Rhet:  Obviously you are seasoned when it comes to audio.  Sammy as well.  I just want to say I love the line up..rhet sammy then that faggot at the end nigma.  It really worked.  Rhet you came in with great lyrics but also set the bar at a level I wasn't sure if sammy could reach.  Everything to me is a competition lol.   Rhet damn man picking you up for the crew is crazy.  Your audio skills are top fucking notch. Really great work.   Sammy!  As to my comment to rhet about you....you reached that bar and beyond.  Personally you were my favorite verse.  Your voice went so good to the beat it was dope as fuck.  It was very humbling to me cus I feel I'm being left back.  I want to get on this audio side of things.  As for Nigma...well...Way to bring the crew down.   They both killed this beat and you were last just dragging ass.  The last one is suppose to kill it.  But after hearing your verse I want to kill myself...

Nigma your the worst type of bacon eating fucker. (canadian)  You really surprised me.  You made your type of rhyme scheme which I always admired work on a beat.  I like your technine voice as well.  I like how you did that.  In all honesty it seems like your a natural.  You fit right into this drop.  Good for you...you did pretty awesome..

#myteamisbetterthanyours

iLL ScriptureZ View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 11-5-1
Form: LWWLWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote iLL ScriptureZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2017 at 6:26pm
So I listened to this in my car yesterday leaving work. I loved the hook first and foremost. That really is a hard task to accomplish is making hooks catchy enough but also relevant and not cheesy. I really enjoyed that part. The mixing was okay, and I say okay, simply bc Sammy, (i think you were the second artist) vocals were too low. I found myself trying way too hard to hear you. Nig, you got like a MF Doom/Immortal Tech/Tech9 vibe to you. Rhet, I thought you shined like a mugga on this shit boy. Your verse really kept me wanting to listen. The beat and that first verse or hook better be on point b/c a muhfucka like me will turn the shit off quick as fuck. Yall did ya thing though, I wish I could be collabing with yall. 
Neek View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Super Mario Slaughterer

Stats: 3-1-0
Form: LWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Neek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2017 at 5:40am
since ya'll aint wanna send the mp3 and shit...we came back around...

first time hearing rhet..I heard he was dope, so far im rocking.. 'derailed off them rails'...I like how you set your layers/adlibs.

who did the hook? sounds like sammy lol..I like it tho.

sammy, you got more styles than a lil bit bro. delivery is wild sick.

yeah im convinced hook is sammy.. I am rocking with it tho...

nigma.. this aint the collab verse you sent me lol... where did that verse go? 'student who bodied his tutor'..bro.. that acrobatic sequence? lol.Nigma was like enjoy ya'lls 16..imma go head and put down 40 bars word to Allen Iverson.

this shit rawzilla tho. I really like it. great to see a crew cut dropping in the midst of all the traction lately.

the sound quality blended real nice considering errythang. ya'll have one person mix it? sounds fairly uniform.
#Bananas
Kairo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kairo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2017 at 4:40pm
Damn, I was told the audio side of the site was on the weaker end of things (in comparison to the writs) but I keep getting surprised by how many people actually sound dope as hell on the mic. At this rate, I'm never going to make an audio drop, I'm just gonna keep giving feedback.

Number 1, this beat went HARD as hell. I never thought I liked old school hip hop (production wise) but these days I find myself falling insanely hard for that nice drum sound with the darker atmospheres/melodic lines. Great choice.

I know none of you guys, so this is my first impression and I have nothing to compare it to (past work or otherwise). Rhet, you killed it. I like your schemes, they're not overly complicated, very easy to bounce along to, my head stayed bobbing throughout the entire verse like damn. Lyricism was on point to, all the internals and compounds were dope. The assonance driven flow switches ALWAYS get me, this is what most radio stars are good at (controlling vowel sounds and making it hard to decipher where they're rhyming but unquestionably know they're rhyming all over the place). On the constructive side, I don't know if you've ever listened to Blink 182 but there's this pop punk quality to your voice on some vowels / words ("aloown" in my crib and "question why i try" stretch). It's not bad by any means and it could be a stylistic character to your voice but I wanted to point it out. If you want to get rid of it ever just round out your mouth, if not just wanted you to be aware. 

Sammy, your verse was nice but what brought it out for me was that "hook". It was gold. Very catchy, nice vowel stretches, nice schemes, everything about it was captivating. Nitpicking I'd add some more layers to add suspense (if you could) but you honestly don't have to. I like how you reincorporated the can't see/breathe in your verse, that's very clever and in terms of songwriting its a skill that's invaluable. People hate on mainstream, but there's a reason why they're big. They're catchy and easy to follow along. Your verse was way more technical but still had this element of attention grabbing that I loved. Even when I heard it the first time I found myself repeating lines from your verse more than anyone else's. Not sure it's my favorite but I definitely think it's the standout verse of the song. If only the production quality was on par with everyone else's. I don't think it's bad at all but Rhet's and Nigma's was a bit clearer. 

Nigma, everyone is saying that you're sort of newer to the audio side and I can kind of tell because you seem to lack confidence in yourself even though your lyricism, flow, and rhyming prowess is top notch. Dude, cut the shit, you're the shit, own this bitch. My dude you came correct on this track and the only thing holding it back imo is that it sounds like you're nervous. That might work for more introspective tracks but you brought some heat that I don't think many people can compete with lyrically speaking. Your flow is CRAAAAZY. Please please PLEASE keep posting audio stuff so you can get more comfortable and claim the crown. 

Great work everyone!
Sammy View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Beacon of Light

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Sammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2017 at 11:23pm
@neek lol, i was gonna send it but then when i logged back in, the link worked again lol. anyways, thanks for the kind words big bro, u know its always appreciated. 

@iLL u have to jump on the next track, bro! niggas need to hear more of you....like right now!!

@kairo - yo on behalf of the whole LA, thank you a bunch for all ur selfless feedbacks bro. I don't know who u are but ur contributation, even at this stage of your membership, is more than impressive. hope u keep it up and post something of ur own so we can all return the favor. 

Kairo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kairo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2017 at 11:56pm
I appreciate the kind words fam, I'm just happy I can help! I'm still working on my lyrical ability since you guys are all top notch writers and I've got a lot of competition (working the intramural circuit while y'all are on the Varsity squad) but I'll post something soon enough!
Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Stats: 47-22-0
Form: WWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cuba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2017 at 10:28pm
It's so fucking weird listening to someone rapping when you've played Battlefield with them. Nigs you are a boss bro.

This was official. As soon as Rhet got it started I knew this was gonna be a problem. Actually found it hard to concentrate on the content as the flows were so nice (Neek likes it when I give him that compliment...)

Drop more fuckers
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic