Rutter knows best View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Crew: EMPIRE

Text Champ

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 44-12-0
Form: WWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rutter knows best Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: [KOTAM] - Hold The Press
    Posted: 03 May 2017 at 1:19am
Better late then never....

Just a short one, i didn't get to finish it but didn't want it to go to waste.

Hold the Press

I get it in, I've said some things deaded king
Married to game connected like weddings ring
picture this i'm the sickness and the medicine
my shit hit like mescaline fist killed the best of 'em

string of impressive wins, stood on the precipice 
bested it, my Humor laid back with an aggressive wit
excessive with success that is, ya get the gist
ya'll show pony lesser kids messing with a Pegasus 

ingesting in his this heroin, a savage act
handle raps like Ramsey smashing Sansa''s snatch,
my mantra's crack, keep it ill the cancers stacked
language strapped when i speak each stanza clap

actual facts, dropping bombs like the Gaza strip
only way ya'll kids blowing up on some martyr shit
split 'em in two, they don't even know the half of it
stab ya heart real quick like when Arthur quit

ho ya scared from it, now you bare the mark of me
going bar for bar none of ya'll can leave a mark on me
#bananas
Lord Puente View Drop Down
Final Boss

Audio Champ

Stats: 4-2-0
Form: LWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lord Puente Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2017 at 1:35am

first thing, you should increase the volume of your vocals. I enjoyed the flow and lyrics. delivery wise, you can tell which parts came out mor natural and which didn't.

I think the next thing you should try to do it record parts of your verse, that way you can crush the delivery everytime. you separated it into quatrains which is how I do, it just easier way for me. when you record try to record those separate, and just practice each one alone multiple times to nail it.

this was dope tho, for real. keep at it.
ch3kkgame View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

MC of the Month

Audio Rank: Unranked
Stats: 14-2-1
Form: WWWWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ch3kkgame Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2017 at 4:20am
I actually liked this. The accent is not bad on the lyrics. Dope shit, I hope you jump in on the next entry for KOTAM. Also next time make it longer. Right as I was getting into it, it was over. Good shit all around. Nice bars. Let's get it homie
Neek View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Super Mario Slaughterer

Stats: 3-1-0
Form: LWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Neek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2017 at 7:07pm
Rah-Tar

delivery aint as lively as the last..almost timid in a sense. lyrically, I felt it was better. felt a tad routine, would've liked to see you switch sequences entirely. but overall, handle your business fella.

if you want a random mix of this for the fuck of it. you know what to do.

what are you using tho? a phone app? maybe I can get the same one and maybe see what its potential is and help you out a smidge.
#Bananas
D.Von Doom View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Audio Rank: #1
Stats: 15-4-0
Form: WWWWWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote D.Von Doom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2017 at 10:04pm
Interesting drop. Seems like you were fighting with beat for the first 20 seconds rather than syncing with it and utilizing the pocket to get the most out of your delivery. The writing was good which will always be there, just gotta learn how to act out rhymes to sound to sound  believable on the mic. As far as the mixing i cant judge you much because you're new on the audio scene but the beat overpowered your vocals by too much. Besides that decent drop. 
Rutter knows best View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Crew: EMPIRE

Text Champ

Stats: 44-12-0
Form: WWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rutter knows best Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2017 at 11:01pm
Thanks for the feed guys. I gotta lot to learn. I get all the feedback just need to learn to apply it and improve. There's a lot of things i don't even think about and then ya'll point it out n i'm like oh yeah your right. I focused more on the lyrics here just need to find a balance. Appreciate it though guys and thanks for checking it out.

#bananas
SELF ACTIVATE View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Crew: Elision

Stats: 1-1-0
Form: WL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SELF ACTIVATE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2017 at 6:25pm
Sup, Rutt.

Alright, I pretty much agree with everything LP said. I think you, much like myself, suffer from a lack of equipment. Your vocals were kind of muffled. However, putting everything in to perspective, this ain't half bad. If you keep pushing and invest in some decent equipment you could be a British beast bro because the tone of your voice is dope. Your flow is slick and lyrically you're already where you need to be. I actually enjoyed this. Just wish it was a bit clearer. Keep dropping. You have an "X-factor" type of quality to your delivery.
Cheeseburger Eddie View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 1-1-0
Form: WL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cheeseburger Eddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2017 at 1:03am
This felt like an early take to me. I think you could get more energy and interesting inflections if you gave it a bit more time. Very tight lyrically and had some nice allusions to GoT which I always love. Really nice drop, and I agree about turning up the vocals a bit. You had a nice laid back flow, I think it just needs a bit of tightening up.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic