Author
King Jehu View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Crew: Renegades

Text Rank: #4
Stats: 54-18-1
Form: WLWWWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote King Jehu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Whistler
    Posted: 13 May 2017 at 5:46pm

https://soundcloud.com/renegade-productions/whistler

I whistled the hook melody in a reverberant hallway a few weeks ago and it stayed in my head, so I took 3 hours on my birthday to put this together. I had just done the trap beat I posted here, and I felt like a similar kind of beat will work for the melody

4 Bar Intro
2 16 bar verses
8 bar hook
Last hook 2x
Insert something rappy here
Lord Puente View Drop Down
Final Boss

Audio Champ

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 4-2-0
Form: LWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lord Puente Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2017 at 6:51pm
I liked this, this beat was dope. I literally just freestyled to the entire thing start to finish. I usually don't freestyle unless I really feel a beat, so that says a lot.

solid fucking job man, this was best beat ive heard from you.
Final Boss

Audio Champ

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lord Puente Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2017 at 6:54pm
if you make this downloadable, id like to use it to spit a freestyle, this is an easier beat to spit on in the moment
Slip View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Crew: Alter Egos

Stats: 14-33-0
Form: LLLWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Slip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2017 at 7:11pm
Agreed this a dope beat to spit on I'm feelin it
See no evil speak no evil silent echo alter ego
inner demon violent beast so
warn the mother fucking people
Neek View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Super Mario Slaughterer

Stats: 3-1-0
Form: LWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Neek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2017 at 7:59pm
sir?

that tag is dope lol.

beats live as fuck brodie. I loved the fucking synth (as ive always loved synths but you know that)

the whistle for the hook was ill as fuck. drums are nice and airy. if I had a critique and I hate to give it cause I broke the promise to muyself to stop listening to shit on mobile, but the mix sounds real dry. im assuming its a mobile thing tho.. but the king has returned, without question.
#Bananas
King Jehu View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote King Jehu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2017 at 4:26am
Thanks ya'll. I'll make any changes to it, so I won't make it downloadable until I feel it's done.

Neek, that tag was made by Javid on "Better Man." If you haven't heard it in a while, it's in Dropbox/Vintage/Herd/Jehu/Full Songs. Has that been posted here? What ever happened to Javid?

There's reverb on almost all the instruments and on the snare. I did this in 3 hours, and I spent that time composing. There's no way to mix properly in that time. I need to keep coming back to it with fresh ears. I promise I'll finish this one before I move on to something else.
Cheeseburger Eddie View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 1-1-0
Form: WL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cheeseburger Eddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2017 at 2:54am
I love this. Please make tons of beats.  

Edit: been on repeat dude, seriously, please make more.
King Jehu View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote King Jehu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2017 at 6:53pm
Thanks. I'm trying hard to make time to make more. I have a few things I'm working on.
DressToKill View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: Lyricist Inc.

Stats: 78-62-0
Form: LLWWWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DressToKill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2017 at 11:08am
This is cool dude, I found it easy to flow on which is a big bonus. I felt like the it would make a good storytelling track. I wanna hear more drops from you!
The original comeback kid
Mission View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Audio Mic of the Month

Stats: 8-9-1
Form: LWLLLN
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mission Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2017 at 5:11am
Bro this went hard. You should add some hard hitting subbass that would make this perfect I would totally spit on this if it had that.
King Jehu View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote King Jehu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2017 at 6:37pm
Final Boss

Audio Champ

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lord Puente Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2017 at 6:50pm
ayyyyeeeee!!!!

I liked it before, but this shit has so much more life now. changing up the volume levels and whatever else you did made a huge fucking difference. assuming it was mostly mixing as the difference, altho now im picking up a new instrument in this as it plays. and another now, second one a guitar I think (im not good with beats and ish, so im assuming).

this def is coming together nicely man, loving this!. is this the final product?  fire regardless.

I FUCKING LOVE FREESTYLING ON THIS! specifically faster freestyle, which is normally extra hard cuz I don't spit prewritten or naything as a freestyle. to me a freestyle is made up on the spot off the top.

love this shit
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic