Author
SELF ACTIVATE View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Crew: Elision

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 1-1-0
Form: WL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote SELF ACTIVATE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Shadow War
    Posted: 31 December 2017 at 1:39am
Recorded this on my phone. A long way from perfect, but fuck it. Check it out ...

https://soundcloud.com/user-695019110/the-shadow-war

Edited by SELF ACTIVATE - 31 December 2017 at 2:28am
Slip View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Crew: Alter Egos

Stats: 14-33-0
Form: LLLWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Slip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2017 at 1:48am
Just finishing watching the freeway rick ross story on Netflix about cia curuption dealing crack n shit I'm digging the content here self and the flow as always real nice ,,; dope
See no evil speak no evil silent echo alter ego
inner demon violent beast so
warn the mother fucking people
Standard Member
Standard Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SELF ACTIVATE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2017 at 1:53am
Word. Apperciate that, Slip. Much love. You drop anything recently I can check out?
Slip View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Crew: Alter Egos

Stats: 14-33-0
Form: LLLWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Slip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2017 at 2:02am
The topical twist could use a look real rusty with the pen lately trying to get back into the swing of things, jus gave this another listen still picking up on some dope rhymes this that political truth shit
See no evil speak no evil silent echo alter ego
inner demon violent beast so
warn the mother fucking people
Nigma View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Topical ChampOpen Mic of the Month
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Nigma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2017 at 3:25am
Youre gritty bro! Loved this. These schemes transitioned well to audio. You presented them well and added a little extra in places. Listened to this a few times, good shit bro!
Neek View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Super Mario Slaughterer

Stats: 3-1-0
Form: LWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Neek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2017 at 5:45pm
good grief.

"you the snake and the beast. the virus and disease"

the optimus line hurt my a heart a tad, cause its team megatron all day.

I rocked with this heavy. a minor suggestion, since you record on the phone and this is for most "dynamic" recording sources.. is put a sock over your phone.. its a low end pop filter thats super universal. will kill some of the POP on the P's but also add a little mud you can manipulate for vocal depth. quiet storm a dope beat and you rode it like you stole it my friend. you always have a very simple way of conveying complex narratives.. for example the big pharm angle was really well done. I also appreciate the American nod.. esp since were on an "across the pond" forum..sometimes folks speak on American issues and only have facebook as their experience. its something you need to experience first hand to truly understand. an outsiders view is always welcomed but its refreshing to get the home teams take. anyway brother, this was nice.
#Bananas
Standard Member
Standard Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SELF ACTIVATE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2017 at 10:16pm
Genius idea, man. I'm definitely gonna try that shit, fr fr. Thanks for listen and the feed, fellas. It's always appreciated.
Sammy View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Beacon of Light

Stats: 1-1-1
Form: LNW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Sammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2018 at 3:41am
Yeah this is dope. As I mentioned in chat I did a phone recording to this beat also lol. I say we combine them and then post it!

Dntplywelwitothers View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Dntplywelwitothers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2018 at 3:34pm
Quiet storm is one of my fav beats.....and you you ride it Ike they made it for you?
Always dope with the content! Your rhyme schemes are unfuckwitable....
You remind me of "angels in the outfield" if you drop it.....they will come.

Only thing I don't like about this is, it makes me feel like the "groupie" that's under my fucking name!!!
"My name has the most shout outs in the history of rap...."
Standard Member
Standard Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SELF ACTIVATE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2018 at 8:21am
Lol bro. You're crazy, man.

Hey, I wholeheartedly appreciate the feed and your kind words.

I'm just happy you guys are even taking the time to listen.

So thanks for that. Respect.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic