Audio Mic: [Get Away] Neek ft. Nigma

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Nigma View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Crew: Elision

Topical ChampOpen Mic of the Month
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Nigma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: [Get Away] Neek ft. Nigma
    Posted: 31 December 2017 at 2:43am
SELF ACTIVATE View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 1-1-0
Form: WL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SELF ACTIVATE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2017 at 3:35am
Production:
Damn, this intro is sick as fuck. I love the instrumental, the chorus, her voice and just the whole vibe of the track.

Neek: You voice syncs well with the beat. Your clarity of voice is crazy. Everything sounds crisp and clear. Lyrically you're on point as always and your delivery conveys your emotion well. Great output, bro.

Nigma: Your lyrical wizardry is always a treate to behold. Your flow is dumb nice. Your diction isn't quite as clear as Neek's and your voice is a little muffled. Not much. Just a tad bit, but I know both of those tiny flaws are probably the result of you having to record, compress and email your lyrics to Neek. In any case, I always love hearing your stuff.

Dope collab. I dug the hell out of it. Peace.
Nigma View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Nigma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2017 at 3:40am
Rip potato quality. Thanks for the listen bro. Weeks verse was mad nice. Id love to rerecord this when I have better tech
Absolute Abomination View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 3-3-0
Form: LLWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Absolute Abomination Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2017 at 5:43am
God damn this was a nice piece, seems a lot more professional than what some other LA members have access to. Keep it up.

Great production, solid flow riding the beat, a nice introspective song. Only flaw is Nigma's recording, unfortunately easy to tell it's been compressed and probably using a cheaper mic. If this was the quality of the whole song I wouldn't have been dissapointed by it but since it's the third weakest aspect of quality in the song (chorus -> neek verse -> nigma verse) its a bit offputting. You got a good style though.
Show me a fortress and I'll show you a ruin.
Dntplywelwitothers View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Dntplywelwitothers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2018 at 6:04pm
100% real....
Her voice goes through you....fuckin beautiful.

NEEK-
The clarity in your production is on the level of professional. First word that comes to mind is "crispy"
You start this off with a sense of nostalgia, and it's like damn!!! There even seems to a bit of retro in your delivery...amazing! The conflict with your artistry is real... and that's what makes this listen appealing...the way you're speaking to it...although you may not lean on it as much as before...it's like that phantom limb.... you can still feel it... it belongs to you... or you belong to it....Regardless anyone who listens can feel it too.

Nigma-
Your flow is insanity! I do wish your clarity was better, because it's hard to hear the highlights in your verse. Also when you spit double tyme you should post lyrics too, I'm sure you got some dope concepts in this verse, but I've replayed your part over and over and I heard (fog, sand, desert ) and I'd love to know what you put together with that line, but I can't make it out for shit.

Anyway, all in all a dope track... prolly one of the best I've heard in a bit. Hats off fellas!
"My name has the most shout outs in the history of rap...."
Crimson Juice View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Crew: Lyricist Inc.

Stats: 6-11-0
Form: LLWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Crimson Juice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2018 at 7:33pm
Preview

Neek everytime i hear you rap its like a different person each time,your vocal range
is truly off scale,(it's like you've got multiples personalitys with the way you sound),
You have that tone/pitch that could rap over all music genre,(i love to hear you tackle
a back beat that's classical in orientation,whilst in selfhype mode,that'll be ripe),you
seem to this mantra that rappin come easy and effortless for you,and again here you
didn't disappoint,pure class..

Nigma now you surprised the fuck out of me here,this is the 1st time I believe i've
heard you rap,you seemed very confident and comfortable on the mic,yeah a little
raw in parts but it adds character to this track overall,the speed of your delivery hides
the minor flaws well here i thought,and your presence on the mic was for me top not-
ch so props there,i'll be honest and state here and now i was impressed with your offering also,(dark horse springs to mind)..

RIPE JOINT RIGHT HERE..
"You need to learn how to make an exit,
before you can dare make an entrance".
Lord Puente View Drop Down
Final Boss

Audio Champ

Stats: 4-2-0
Form: LWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lord Puente Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2018 at 9:23pm
Y’all two bitches with this ninja drop. Iunno how I ain’t seen this.

Beat was dope, assuming it was a beat with a hook already in it, shit was clean.

Neek, I’ll have to say I think this is the best drop I’ve heard from you since I been here. I really enjoyed it. It was a diff pace from what I expected. Very clean mixing as usual, the layers came out dope. Ima guess you put a little more time into writing this one than your usual 30 seconds. Nice job.

Nigs, you REALLY need to get a mic broseph. Your lyrics are hella right and those schemes are murderous. You get the quality recording like neeks, you’d murder the game! You always got all those Muslims strung along and it was very clean. A part here and there that sounded a tad off, but that’s irrelevant when you recording by phone. Very impressed.

Overall, y’all killed this. Best track I heard in a while on here (aside from nine of course).
Lord Puente View Drop Down
Final Boss

Audio Champ

Stats: 4-2-0
Form: LWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lord Puente Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2018 at 2:03pm
Aww fuck. That was supposed to be a 5 star rating. I did it on my phone and it did 4 stars and won’t let me change. My b

The least I can do is bump this for fucking it up.
Nigma View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Nigma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2018 at 6:05am
Thanks for the listen everyone. I been without internet for a bit. Just moved, waiting for these slow motherfuckers to hook it up. Anyways, not that it's relevant anymore, but here are the lyrics for my verse:

Heard what you said but I got something to say

What first was a blessing has succumb to decay

It serves its intentions, purges the blemish

Words and the venom that I’d dump on the page

Merging my thoughts. Left in a trance

Murdering y’all cause I kept to the plan

Curing my flaws till I’m perfect and calming the thirst and the call for the death of a man

I’m sure of it. Lessons are grand

Purpose is to step to the stands

Name gets called to the stage I walk for days in the fog and a desert of sand

I’ll change direction or gain depression with days of correcting the math

Cause fame is a vessel for cancer, if it’s your aim then you left with the facts

Pain that it causes, blend into black-

Embracing the gothic, ascending the graph

Draining the constant intent for a dance-

Trade is obnoxious, bending my stats

They’ll say it’s my time like a record advance

And I’ll say bye bye with a weapon in hand

And then I’m gone

But they know that I’ll come back..

I’m in my zone when I run laps

But it feels like I’m frozen on one track

Everybodys bored when theres no one to run past

One gun blast and I’m stuck in the race

Now every touch of the page is a punch to the face

Not run-nin with scissors but I’ll cut to the chase

And fact is, and I think I’m done with the game

I’ve come with flames and erupted my name

Now I’m patiently waiting for someone to say

alicewonder View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Crew: Kratos Kind

Stats: 2-1-2
Form: WWLNN
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote alicewonder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2018 at 3:23am
Listened to this a few times a while ago and it's still very impressive. Obviously there's a significant difference in terms of quality but it's definitely not detrimental to the overall outcome here. Loved Neek's entire verse, it felt very 'natural' with every line (I mean when doesn't it). And I think it's quite remarkable how you presented your verse with your signature, multi-heavy style while managing not to sacrifice content at all, Nigma. The 'I change direction' section was a highlight. Thanks for posting the lyrics. Hopefully you'll collab again soon, guys. Great work. 
iLL ScriptureZ View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 11-5-1
Form: LWWLWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote iLL ScriptureZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2018 at 5:34pm
Neek ya delivery and flow is fire, you came in with that hot shit... wish you didnt speak in the beginning and let the beat speak... you drown it out. But your verse was toooo tough.

Nigma, your mix/mic really hurt this track. Seemingly more unnatural than Neek.. it felt a little forced like you were reading. Nothing wrong with reading until it sounds as such. Keep workin'
afterlife View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote afterlife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2018 at 4:41pm
The first verse was so flowing.
The second has some mic issues. It did begin to fit nicely after the second bar.
The beat was intense
levy420 View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: Tha Syndicate

Stats: 39-33-4
Form: LWWLLN
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote levy420 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2018 at 4:58pm
This shit was dope nigma u spazzed ur voice sounded like u was plugging your nose neek this was nice man chorus fit well with the track no complaints here fellas solid piece keep me coming nigma first audio I heard from you seems like you made the transition from written to audio flawlessly
I'll explode at the drop of a dime like proximity mines
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic