Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Rapper T View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 22-27-0
Form: LLLWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rapper T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: T2T Round 1: iLL ScriptureZ vs CHAIN
    Posted: 07 November 2020 at 4:00am
The 2020 Tournament
Round One: Text (standard rules)

iLL ScriptureZ vs CHAIN

Verses are to be 8 bars or 16 lines in length.

Battlers have 14 days from now to write their bars.

If there are no decisive votes on the battle after 7 days once the verse is posted, then I will vote in an unbiased manner and decide on the winner to continue to the next round.

If a battler ducks, due to timeframes being accurately adhered to, if it quacks like a duck and walks like a duck, I'll be calling it a duck. 

If you don't both check in then your battle will be discontinued and parties that check-in will progress to successive rounds but parties that fail to check-in will be disqualified.

Battlers must check-in to the battle in order to proceed.

GO
iLL ScriptureZ View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 11-5-1
Form: LWWLWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote iLL ScriptureZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2020 at 10:34pm
Czech
CHAIN View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Reigning Open Mic King

Stats: 8-4-0
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote CHAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2020 at 5:12pm
Check
+Sick-Witted+
CHAIN View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Reigning Open Mic King

Stats: 8-4-0
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote CHAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2020 at 9:52am

I'll dismiss him with the quickness 'cause he prolly looks German
So I'll get rid of Scriptures like the Nazi Book Burnings.
Gun bars, I do 'em better than his whole hate group
'cause my 19 Four Fives will leave y'all like slain jews.

Is he clapping all the K's that he grips all in his rhymes?
Ask him if he sprays and he'll hit you with the 'Nein!'.

Dizzle had you riding hard for the perv community
So now we ain't feeling iLL like it's herd immunity.
I had you up in arms like a crowd surfer
Made you clique up with the right like a mouse cursor.

I did the kid a favor, I found him as a feature
I made Scriptures famous like The Council of Nicaea.
He gon' have to pray to Lucifer and Satan's goonies
'cause I break Scriptures down like it's a papal duty.

Amen.

Still I'm your Dad even though you said a lot about me
Gave you your illest collab like Bill did Dr. Fauci.

+Sick-Witted+
iLL ScriptureZ View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 11-5-1
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote iLL ScriptureZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2020 at 1:46pm

“...Happy Thanksgiving shit sound like murder to me” - HOV

The type to disrespect then try & make good with problems
Lox ‘round ya neck, drag CHAIN like J-Hood in Harlem
No misunderstandin’, get ya jaw cracked for them false facts
Strapped for combat, any aim from CHAIN like his name it’s all cap
Fall back, out of your element turn your skin colors
Jealous of the God given privilege you’re in love with
Disgusted with your complexion with the heart of white supremacy
Want to tear down America but wouldn’t fight the Embassy
Living off assumptions, means you missin’ opportunities
Your obsession with oppression is depression mixed with scrutiny
You throw shots.... but wouldn’t shoot the breeze
Shook that T delivered you to me like Uber eats
Lose ya teeth, Rui swear he represent the culture
Scrappin’ to be a leader be we won’t even let’em be a vulture
If it’s pedigrees I’m doper, iLL is Sick... left’em crippled with Witt
To mention me is acceptin’ I can revoke your citizenship
Crimson Juice View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Crew: Lyricist Inc.

Stats: 6-11-0
Form: LLWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Crimson Juice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2020 at 3:01pm

This vote has been accepted by a moderator.

Taste can be a fickle thing in indeed.

Ok so this battle was a tough one to call, both verses had this no fucking around
and straight.to the point vibe, and I'd be lying if I typed I wasn't feeling any bar that
both wrote, each bar from both had substance, I feel Scripturez was more direction
it's approach, which I'll stress now added aggression, and CHAIN had solid concepts
etched within his verse that was refreshing to read from a battle verse, both had solid
punches and personals also, and to be honest it's what I expect from two tier writers,
but I do have a winner in mind, and for that was CHAIN here's why, I thought his person-
als had More of a factual slant, plus I enjoyed he's similies/plays more as they had more
of a creative flair via imagery, and the religious/Germanic concepts were ripe, and after
reading both twice I found CHAINs verse to be more to my liking, and when the votes
start coming in I can see this being a see saw event ...props guys highly enjoyable for
the neutral....

Vote.. CHAIN.

Peace
"You need to learn how to make an exit,
before you can dare make an entrance".
AshleyKaos View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Crew: Tha Syndicate

Voter of The Month

Stats: 28-63-3
Form: LWLLNQ
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote AshleyKaos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2020 at 5:59pm

This was a close battle forsure.

CHAIN- i liked how your verse had a theme that was pretty much consistent the whole time with the nazi jew theme. I think that the word play and metas were clever strong rhyme scheme and punches hit. Solid verse.

ILL- also a solid verse here also a good rhyme scheme and theetas were also there for me. However i feel like your verse lacked the aggression that chains had.

Honestly i thought rhat both verses were hella dope but in my honest opinion both were bit lacking in personals unless there are jabs in there that went over my head cuz im not familiar with the content being refered to that would make the bars a personal... But due to the verse being more aggressive with punches that hit harder imo which. Is at the end of the day the whole point of a battle, hard hitting punches

MVGT-CHAIN
NUMBER 1 FEMALE MC TILL THE DEATH OF ME
Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Stats: 47-22-0
Form: WWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cuba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2020 at 1:03pm
Damn.

I kind of feel bad trying to vote on it...two great verses that were really enjoyable to read and feels wrong to try & critique to find a winner. 

Chain

Possibly a bit of good fortune fell your way with your opponent. As you were able to weave your subtle approach with some good knowledge about him & therefore interweave some real disrespect. Opening segment made that clear, that was really next level combination of a concept maintained over several punches but flipping between name play to personal diss. That was kind of "school of rhymes" type opening 3 punches really. Can't fuck with it. Then you switched it up with the real disdainful Dizz/perv attack and then the herd immunity punch was dope. "Up in arms like a crowd surfer". Bars. Clique up with the right, lol. Next punch was masterful really...'fillers' almost get to the point of overshadowing the punches for the pure quality. I just fucking love the contrast of the straight talking "I found him as a feature" into the "Council of Nicaea". Kind of said the same thing in the Ash battle, but I don't even know who they are but because of the quality of the setup it's clear what the diss is and doesn't take away from the quality of the punch. You know they are a bunch of dudes who made Scriptures famous, lol. The alliteration in there as well and how it accentuated was awesome, married to the rhythm, those kind of details I love. Papal duty was dope. I guess minor criticism there was it was 3rd "Scripts" play in 7 punches...personally I thought they were all dope & it didn't really too much. I think you were particularly clever to bunch two together and have the other in the opener...so it wasn't like 3 that felt like they were in a row. Closer was really nice. No need to repeat myself on the filler. I liked the punch, I guess another minor criticism is the diss was a bit passive...like I get what you're saying, but it's to a degree implied that you're better than him & therefore you improved him. But I would've preferred you to be a bit blunter/more openly disrespectful in coming out and saying it like that. I guess you could say that's made a bit clearer in the "Dad" reference. I dunno, I think it could've just been a bit more raw and aggressive. 

Overall I thought it was a real masterful verse...brought all the expected Chain quality and approach when it came to style but also a real good assault on him as an opponent. 

Ill 

Clearly you had to fire back on all cylinders and you didn't hold back either. Much like Chain you made great use of the filler lines and that really added a dynamic to your verse. I think where Chain was very consistent at his level you had a bit more rise and fall. Opener good example, first line no quibbles with, punch concept and diss combo really strong. I just felt you lost a little bit of impact by trying to compress the 3 things required to land the punch into one line. Testament to your skill that you managed to do it & successfully land a punch, but I think possibly trying to work the Lox angle into the filler line would've given you a bit more focus in landing the punch more cleanly & getting higher impact. I guess what I'm trying to say there is you had something that was really good but I could see a bit of a missed opportunity at the same time. Next bar was dope as hell. Obviously punch was quality, but I really loved how you integrated the rhyme scheme and it accentuated the rhythm...like it was so nice it was almost easy to miss how complex it was. Again, real high level of skill on display there. Followed up with another real dope punch. I think the exchange in those couple of lines really displayed just how fucking good this battle was...flow on the white supremacy line was real nice, again great example of mastery of rhythm to accentuate your content. Punch I wasn't a massive fan of...I guess a bit like Chain's closer - I got what you were getting at, but the diss felt a bit more implied - again, much like how he had the Dad reference you could also point to the White Supremacy angle in the filler and say that reinforces your diss. The punch itself I think was a bit flatter in contrast with the preceding ones...like I wouldn't say it was a dud but it wasn't a strong point. Next one was really dope, real disdainful but intelligent...really difficult line to tread but you managed it expertly. I kind of dug how that one came closely after the God complex angle. Great example of maintaining a line of attack across the verse as a whole without coming across as repetitive and being fresh with it. Really helps to connect the verse as a "diss as a whole" rather than being 8 individual punches. Next two lines were really dope too, I loved the whole approach and the concept of the diss and the execution of it, married up with flow and rhythm. Really illustrated your ability to marry up of the facets of your strengths as a writer. Closing lines came across to me as more disrespectful as out and out haymakers. First one I preferred as the underlying diss was clear, relevant and highly personalised. I think you probably then needed to follow that one up with a clearer out and out punch. Filler line I kind of liked though, I got what you were saying and even though I don't really think you made much of the reference itself I kind of liked the pure "I'm going to put this in here just to piss you off" tone it was implied with...actually on rereading the line, I can see the "pedigrees" play there & that's kind of brutal. I know I'm reading a lot into that, but I think you wrote that knowing that only a few people would get it & you did it anyway...and I like that a lot. Closing punch was good but again was an example where I felt like it wasn't at the same level as your most potent material. 

Overall...I doubt we will see two better verses in the whole of the tournament. It's one of those moments where two people clash where they clearly have tremendous ability and respect for their opponent but they put that aside and just go for it. The result was a really tremendous clash. Structurally you both brought verses that incorporated real advanced techniques but did it in a way that didn't make them a focus & would've been easy for someone to read and go "oh that reads really nice" without them really understanding why. That's real master level stuff. 

I don't know guys...like I've written all that and I don't really have a justification to go one way or the other. I think at this point I'm probably going to abstain for now, have a think about it and come back later. Like I tried flipping it in my head & thinking about how I would say "that was better than that one" and the only answer I could give you is personal preference. Then I flipped it in my head & tried to think about how I'd vote for the other guy and it just didn't feel right either. It's a shame you guys met in the first round. It would've been a great final.
levy420 View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: Tha Syndicate

Stats: 39-33-4
Form: LWWLLN
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote levy420 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2020 at 5:58pm

Chian

I'll dismiss him with the quickness 'cause he prolly looks German
So I'll get rid of Scriptures like the Nazi Book Burnings.
Going for the throat out the gate ok I see u lol this was funny as hell the humor shined threw threw out the whole verse but this really set the tone an the aggression is raw like this alot

Gun bars, I do 'em better than his whole hate group
'cause my 19 Four Fives will leave y'all like slain jews.
Good word play slight jab nothing major but was definitely clever an flowed seamless

Is he clapping all the K's that he grips all in his rhymes?
Ask him if he sprays and he'll hit you with the 'Nein!'.
This was funny made me chuckle nice light jab

Dizzle had you riding hard for the perv community
So now we ain't feeling iLL like it's herd immunity.
This hit pretty hard to me

I had you up in arms like a crowd surfer
Made you clique up with the right like a mouse cursor.
Just nasty got me doing the thizz face reading it everytime

I did the kid a favor, I found him as a feature
I made Scriptures famous like The Council of Nicaea.
Fire flow is top notch also packed quite the punch bravo

He gon' have to pray to Lucifer and Satan's goonies
'cause I break Scriptures down like it's a papal duty.
Another thizz face worthy bar

Amen.

Still I'm your Dad even though you said a lot about me
Gave you your illest collab like Bill did Dr. Fauci.
This didn't hit as well for me I think u could'a closed alot stronger kinda said what u said in the nicaea bar just not as well I like the fauci tie in but seems a redundant point to close on just my opinion

Overall this was a solid battle verse Wich I don't think I've had the liberty of voting on any battles from u before just used to seeing u blow up the open mics dropping bombs lol it's nice to see u bring the same sort of flow to the battle field an combine it with that raw aggression ur known for

Script

...Happy Thanksgiving shit sound like murder to me” - HOV

The type to disrespect then try & make good with problems
Lox ‘round ya neck, drag CHAIN like J-Hood in Harlem
Decent opener nothing majorly impactfully to ur opponent but nice nameplay to start it off with personal touch in the set up

No misunderstandin’, get ya jaw cracked for them false facts
Strapped for combat, any aim from CHAIN like his name it’s all cap
I like the concept her but this didn't hit well to me maybe I'm missing something I think it could have been worded differently to hit harder

Fall back, out of your element turn your skin colors
Jealous of the God given privilege you’re in love with
Not sure what u was going for here the end ryhmes took alot away in this bar u start out with a solid set up but the punchline don't connect with it left me scratching my head

Disgusted with your complexion with the heart of white supremacy
Want to tear down America but wouldn’t fight the Embassy
Decent lil jab best bar from u so far

Living off assumptions, means you missin’ opportunities
Your obsession with oppression is depression mixed with scrutiny
This was nice clever an straight forward now ur rolling

You throw shots.... but wouldn’t shoot the breeze
Shook that T delivered you to me like Uber eats
This makes me laugh over an over each time I read it too notch flow an humor for sure tied in with a nice punch

Lose ya teeth, Rui swear he represent the culture
Scrappin’ to be a leader be we won’t even let’em be a vulture
Eh this ain't hitting as hard as it should think the wording in the punchline took away from the sting I was hoping for with the build up from the set up

If it’s pedigrees I’m doper, iLL is Sick... left’em crippled with Witt
To mention me is acceptin’ I can revoke your citizenship
Strong closer

This is a style clash y'all both did ya thing each person had there strong points an each had not so strong points an this could really be called either way quite like cuba has stated I find myself struggling to pick a clear winner cuz honestly there isn't it could go either way it's gonna come down to preference an for that reason only I think I'ma side this one to chain simply for a lil more consistent hits n the slightly more cohesive verse either way this was a dope ass battle an like I said it really comes down to preference an if it's not for scripts 3rd bar being off ryhme an kinda messing his flow up I might be calling this his way
But in the end

Mvgt-- chain
I'll explode at the drop of a dime like proximity mines
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic