Elevation Centre: How to get more feedback?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
-Orion- View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Crew: Renegades

Text Rank: #1
Stats: 90-4-1
Form: WWWWNW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote -Orion- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2017 at 9:06pm
A good title

A good concept...pretty similar to the above but if I don't get a sense that it's going anywhere from the first few lines and maybe a skim lower down then I'm out

A name I recognise/rate/am interested by helps get the click thru in the first place - but there always has to be a first time, so word of mouth can play a factor in who I read

And on quality, if I feel like it was particularly impressive, or hilariously bad, I'm inclined to comment accordingly - also if I read it and feel like I have some particularly useful feedback to give to someone who seems as though they'd be receptive based on what I know about them...if I get the feeling it would fall on basically deaf ears or not be acted on...then nah. Equally that applies to people who you can simply tell don't got it...there's potential and there's people who are doing it for gOd knows what kinda reason/outlet...which I respect up to a point but it's a waste of my time tryna fix or improve it

Ends
. . . Now who said they fuckin' with me?
They just said that FUCKIN' with me
They didn't mean it
Nah . . .
-Orion- View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote -Orion- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2017 at 10:09pm
I should add I think this is a great idea for a thread and maybe the end/summarising points should be condensed/stripped down to essentials and made like a pinned topic or something
They didn't mean it
Nah . . .
Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 47-22-0
Form: WWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cuba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2017 at 10:56am
Magazine feature with am interview with an interview with someone good at getting feedback on their drops?
-Orion- View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote -Orion- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2017 at 11:20am
I guess you could but I was thinking more basic just a pinned topic in OM that's like 'want feedback? read dis' and has almost bullet point pointers re a good title, original concept, etc...the best of the advice in this thread...

That as well as putting in the work and providing feedback yourself...which is always the first thing people say (and of course it should be done) but it is ultimately about much more than that - no matter how much feedback you give, the quality of what you do will be a bigger factor in how many people read/respond to it...and helping people with that in a simple pinned post almost gives it an element of tutorial about it, without getting into the weeds of technicalities, just at concept level... j504 (who was apparently kosmosis in the end after all?) was arguably the best at that... I didn't like the guy at all but I read his shit as much as anybody's 'cuz he always had good concepts up his sleeve, whether they were his or not idk
They didn't mean it
Nah . . .
Dntplywelwitothers View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Dntplywelwitothers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2017 at 3:22am
Before you post a word. You should feed three post that have not been fed.
(Honestly, and give the kind of feedback you would want in return)

Stop this "return the favor" shit ... it turns into a bias obligation, and breeds pansy bitch boys (yes you)
If you and your bff just keep rotating kind words on each other's post ..the shit becomes pointless.
Give feed on someone you don't have affiliation with ( NOTE : this can come back to bite you in the ass if some teary eyed man child don't like what you have to say)

If you're truly looking for feedback for elevation, post shorter drops. 8-10 bars is plenty to showcase what you're working with, space your bars out, make it easier to read and it will be easier to feed. It doesn't hurt to mention the kind of help you need in your post. Some folks shine in different areas get the attention of those people .....I need help with > flow >metaphors > multies > vocabulary > rhyme scheme > content >punches> so forth.... center your audience

If you're looking for the other kinda feedback (basically a pat on the ass) do the same for others ....do more! Realize as much as you put into your drop, the next dude did the same.

Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 47-22-0
Form: WWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cuba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2017 at 4:22pm
I do agree with that...whenever I drop I try and go onto feedback runs where I feed on people who specifically have very little feedback & also those who I see giving feedback to others. 

That second part is partially to "reward" those who feed, but also because I think people who are willing to give feedback are more likely to actually listen to & action what I tell them. So it's a better time investment.
King Jehu View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Text Rank: #4
Stats: 54-18-1
Form: WLWWWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote King Jehu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2017 at 2:36am
Originally posted by Cuba Cuba wrote:

I think people who are willing to give feedback are more likely to actually listen to & action what I tell them. So it's a better time investment.

Ding ding ding
Insert something rappy here
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic