Sports, Media and Entertainment: Mayweather vs McGregor

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
poongod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote poongod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2017 at 11:54pm
my boxing techniques are good, it's just I get sprayed with radiation, nerve gas and bullets if I fight someone so that slows me down significantly

I don't really know many combos, but if I land one punch in your face you're dead.
poongod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote poongod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2017 at 11:54pm
also my hand speed is faster than anyone else's( just look at how fast I wank)
Jay Homicide View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 9-3-0
Form: WWLWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Jay Homicide Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2017 at 12:34am
Neek View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Super Mario Slaughterer

Stats: 3-1-0
Form: LWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Neek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2017 at 9:11am
Originally posted by Jay Homicide Jay Homicide wrote:

Diaz II showed he doesn't look for an out, he gassed out after 2 rounds and round 3 he got beat the fuck down, stayed in there though and came back to win the next round.

Nate let off the gas tho, he was alright with being "alright" and Nate is a journeymen in his own sport.

looking for an out doesnt mean you arent awesome and/or a killer.

Jerome Le Banner is one of my favorite fighters of all time, but ive seen him quit on his stool in a fight he was winning, still would watch him fight today..even if hes well past his prime.

Mike Tyson one of my favorite athletes of all time, ive watched him quit. His mental weakness is what turned him into Kid Dynamite tho.

some fighters have an uncanny will to win.. Mayweather is one of those guys. he would literally rather die than lose, whats all im getting at. its just different.

its not that Conor isnt "tough" his fight against Holloway shows hes tough as if fighting for a living didn't as he blew out his ACL.. but by his own admission, he panic'd when the "shots" didnt drop Nate in the first fight, he didnt understand the bigger man could "take the shots" (his words).. so hes admitted to panic, looked for an out several times - what happens when hes drained at 147lbs and frustrated? mistakes.

mistakes will be super costly.
#Bananas
Trizzy Tre View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: EMPIRE

Stats: 30-7-1
Form: WLWLWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Trizzy Tre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2017 at 7:45pm
Dana White gives a deadline this weekend to make this fight happen. Although I'm sure that doesn't mean we'll find out this weekend, but still a very interested storyline...

J pens View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote J pens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2017 at 9:14pm
This fight should not happen. Unfair to McGregor he is not a professional boxer. May weather would never enter a mma bout. If he fought McGregor on the street or in a mma match he would get murked. In a boxing match mcgregor has a punchers chance against the best defensive fighter in history....not looking to good but on the bright side may weather can not hit very hard his hands are weak an prone to damage so I don't really think he can hurt McGregor. The fight would surely go the distance to a decision win for floyd. As a mma purists I hope this fight does not happen. Don't get me wrong I like boxing but it belongs in its own realm. I felt the same way when couture murdered James tony
Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Trizzy Tre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2017 at 9:52pm
Not sure why you wouldn't won't to see the biggest combat sports event in history. I guess.. but I see what you're saying.

The Mayweather haters and McGregor haters will watch, fans of both will watch, people that have no fucking clue will order the pay per view. Could it be lopsided of course...I mean I don't think so but of course it could be. It'll be a spectacle to see unfold. These debates make this super fight what it is... 2 champions in two different sports near the same weight step into the ring. The new age verse the all time great. I'm a fan of combat sports I love boxing and MMA, so for me it's something I'd love to see.

Goryo. View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Crew: Tha Syndicate

Stats: 4-4-0
Form: LWLWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Goryo. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2017 at 7:27pm
It is kinda unfair but it is a spectacle. Boxers spend their whole life/career perfecting their boxing, and no MMA fighter just wants to perfect their boxing. They have to be all-rounders and that doesn't work if you just focus on one thing. Even now with Mcgregor focusing solely on boxing he's not got the years and mileage Mayweather has, but anything can happen. One good shot can disrupt your focus and leave you open. Even with all the experience in the world you can make a slight mistake that your opponent can either pick up on deliberately or just luckily.
Exoduzt View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member
NaCl

Crew: Elision

Stats: 41-7-5
Form: WWWWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Exoduzt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2017 at 4:51am
No matter what ...people are paying to see this shit go down.   Everyone will watch this fight.   And pay for it.  I think Floyd will just do what he does and master the ring.   Connor will look for the knock out in round 1.    Get tired and Floyd will just manage the fight.   Boring yes.    But he still will win.   I hate them both in each of their sports  to be honest.   But I don't see this going any other way 

rhetorical View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Stats: 2-1-0
Form: WWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote rhetorical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2017 at 1:33pm
if this fight happens. . will just be a bullshit gimmick to suck money from fans of both boxing and MMA. 

It should be nothing more then an exhibition fight where all the proceeds go to charity. 

This fight will be just as one sided as when Toneys old fat ass tried to step in the cage with Couture and Dana White had the fucking audacity to bill that shit as boxing vs mma pfffffff
Sammy View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Beacon of Light

Stats: 1-1-1
Form: LNW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Sammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2017 at 4:38pm
lol i'm def not watching this shit lmao

Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Trizzy Tre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 5:36pm
McGregor has signed.... Now up to Money Mayweather...

No doubt this fight is happening. McGregor also just applied for his boxing license. Good shit!!
Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Trizzy Tre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2017 at 11:35pm
aaaannnnnnndddd....... It's official.

August 26th.

Nigma View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Topical ChampOpen Mic of the Month
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Nigma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2017 at 1:06am
Stoked it's that soon. Soon as I r3ad the headline I knew you'd already be posting about it lol
ch3kkgame View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

MC of the Month

Audio Rank: #2
Stats: 14-2-1
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ch3kkgame Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2017 at 1:09am
Bruh, I have to actually ride with Trizz on this one. I think McGregor has a better shot than people think and at the end of the day he is a real life fighter. Boxers are trained to fight in a choreographed way. The shoulder motions put into those punches make them readable. If Connor can maintain his MMA foot work and keep his strikes unchoreographed it will be a bit different for mayweather to read them. Giving him the potential to land some shots and if they connect they will be power shots. Then on top of that the size difference in the two will be noticeable when they stand face to face. My two cents and I'm watching the fight, but I sure as shit ain't paying for it. Lmao
Neek View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Super Mario Slaughterer

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Neek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2017 at 10:43am
Originally posted by ch3kkgame ch3kkgame wrote:

Bruh, I have to actually ride with Trizz on this one. I think McGregor has a better shot than people think and at the end of the day he is a real life fighter. Boxers are trained to fight in a choreographed way. The shoulder motions put into those punches make them readable. If Connor can maintain his MMA foot work and keep his strikes unchoreographed it will be a bit different for mayweather to read them. Giving him the potential to land some shots and if they connect they will be power shots. Then on top of that the size difference in the two will be noticeable when they stand face to face. My two cents and I'm watching the fight, but I sure as shit ain't paying for it. Lmao

I get what youre saying, but that MMA footwork will get him looking like a park player vs an and 1 player.. his ankles gon get broke tryna keep pace.

floyd mayweather is the greatest defensive mind in the history of combat sports, nevermind just "boxing". he doesnt do your ordinary every day shoulder roll type shit or he'dda been mopped a few times now. his shoulder roll is used to sling shots and escape, not just avoid power shots like a ray sefu or bernard hopkins shoulder roll. hes extremely crafty man.

does conor have a punchers chance? sure. you and I do as well..

its good for both sports. its excellent barber shop talk. I just dont think mcgregor is the caliber of a maidana or a canelo.
#Bananas
ch3kkgame View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

MC of the Month

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ch3kkgame Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2017 at 11:27am
Nigga defense wasn't to dope when T.I.P swung on his ass and fucked up his wrists. Again, boxing is based on a set of choreographed movements. The greatest defensive mind in the history of combat sports got hooked by a rapper. #FACTS. I think it'll be entertaining tho.
ch3kkgame View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

MC of the Month

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ch3kkgame Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2017 at 11:28am
In addition scared business don't belong in any ring. Those dudes feared Mayweather. I don't believe Connor is scared of that nigga.
Jay Homicide View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 9-3-0
Form: WWLWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Jay Homicide Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2017 at 3:17pm
The big issue is going to be Conor having to fight so much muscle memory, I think that's a big aspect people over look. MMA fighters after training so long instinctively do stuff like kick, elbow, knee and grapple. He's going to have to be ultra aware of that, which is another distraction. All he does have is a punchers chance, even if Floyd has slowed a little bit the skill gap is just too much. Plus Conor's style doesn't really fit either, backing Floyd up A) will be hard B) ultimately won't be as effective because even in the times he traps him, landing with boxing gloves is different to landing with MMA gloves. He's at his best when he counters, Aldo and Alverez being the key examples of that. Floyd will happily not engage though, and just pump the jab to point away the rounds.

Really though Conor already won with the event happening, that's his victory. Maybe we even see some Thai dumps, or Conor get pissed and through a kick.
Neek View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Super Mario Slaughterer

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Neek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2017 at 4:34pm
Originally posted by ch3kkgame ch3kkgame wrote:

Nigga defense wasn't to dope when T.I.P swung on his ass and fucked up his wrists.

maybe, but a sucker punch during an argument isnt the same as a main event in Vegas.

also, it looked like clifford harris had to get scooped off the ground and them legs was paying homage to dj unk.

where dey at doe?
#Bananas
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
  Share Topic