Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Rapper T View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 22-27-0
Form: LLLWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rapper T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: T2T Round 1: Blissful Barrage vs spume corrupt
    Posted: 07 November 2020 at 4:01am
The 2020 Tournament
Round One: Text (standard rules)

Blissful Barrage vs spume corrupt

Verses are to be 8 bars or 16 lines in length.

Battlers have 14 days from now to write their bars.

If there are no decisive votes on the battle after 7 days once the verse is posted, then I will vote in an unbiased manner and decide on the winner to continue to the next round.

If a battler ducks, due to timeframes being accurately adhered to, if it quacks like a duck and walks like a duck, I'll be calling it a duck. 

If you don't both check in then your battle will be discontinued and parties that check-in will progress to successive rounds but parties that fail to check-in will be disqualified.

Battlers must check-in to the battle in order to proceed.

GO
Blissful Barrage View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Stats: 20-5-0
Form: WLWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Blissful Barrage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2020 at 9:23am
Alright, yeah yeah muthafka. I'm here..
spume corrupt View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: Lyricist Inc.

Stats: 20-7-1
Form: WLWLLL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote spume corrupt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2020 at 12:21am
Check

spume corrupt View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Stats: 20-7-1
Form: WLWLLL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote spume corrupt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2020 at 1:57am
This fucking joke can’t win, getting done in, I’m burning and killing him
Barr won’t be happy when the votes come in, like US attorney William
Keep this shit easy, kill a worthless cunt, knock em out with aggression
Ain’t nobody down to see Bliss resurface like it’s a bout of depression
Dropped straight outta this session like he’s Donald Trump in a race
Only Barrage up top he’s gone be seeing is pommeled punches to face
Stunted dunce dumped at first base, gifted with nothing to handle me
Looking out of place in 2020 like Santa on a mission this January
Actually he gonna die before I try, sting and bring pain enormous
Fly enough to murder this couple of B’s like I’m that Asian hornet
Fuck a diss, I’ll give credit then send his chin through the ceiling
Only noob to ever beat Beans! Still on the brink of achievement
Barely making decent, best believe I’ll leave him fucked up for days
I’ll take out a Blissful Bar and leave him with nothing but rage
Bring a brick to his noggin and leave him stamped deep in the mud
I’m all about seeing Bliss in a coffin like Drac dreaming of blood

Blissful Barrage View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Stats: 20-5-0
Form: WLWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Blissful Barrage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2020 at 11:38pm

Heh. Well here we are...I just finished last couple bars..So I said.....

Your Columbian necktie will adjust snug...........

Being down to DTK not the only way you play Dress up 

Impress how? LI not even considered amongst the best now 

Your girl left we saw at CFC you couldn’t take the Dress down 

Erupt your spleen even with the 1-2 Punch the snuff’s complete 

Without mob construction plans you’re behind bars at end of Corrupt/Concrete 

Wanna give loss to me, trading shots, the strays will toss your team 

A quick KO? Well Ben, Simmons more likely to get 3s off the screen 

Your OMs aren’t hard enough you trying to spar or what? 

In LA, they keep bashing Spume into a daze no wonder he thinks “Stars Are Fucked” 

I’m stringent with pens, audio or text won’t be your crew's major strength again 

You’re looking for the “Right Hook” then these hits are Breaking Benjamin 

Spume down in more tourneys, that’s more drink that he guzzles now 

Viewing bars with liquor only way he makes it through another round 

All daytime talk asking me about no show, most your cast isn’t appearing since now 

Just the Discord, you should uphold LI legacy instead it’s the Lyricist Lounge  

levy420 View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: Tha Syndicate

Stats: 39-33-4
Form: LWWLLN
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote levy420 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2020 at 10:51pm

This vote has been accepted by a moderator.

Spume

Nice opener nameplay tied with current election events it kinda fizzled to me a bit don't know if it's how I read it or not but the attorney part threw the flow off a bit for me

This was a pretty good concept that was pulled off well another nameplay this one hit harder

Nice nameplay aggression was there tied in current events clever for sure flow was on point

This was dope set up played perfectly to the punchline

🔥🔥 I felt this.. hit hard the aggression an imagery brought this full circle

Nice lil personal we all know beans is known for beating up noobs n bliss was the one standout but the ceiling an achievement end ryhmes kinda threw it off to me don't know if it's a accent thing or not so I'm hesitant to take points of for that but ultimately I think it could have been worded different to hit 10 times harder

Ur best nameplay for sure was feeling this alot

Good closer

Overall I think u could have gotten more personal with ur approach the nameplay was fresh an clever threwout solid battle verse

Bliss

Heh. Well here we are...I just finished last couple bars..So I said.....

Loves this opener think it could've been done a bit smoother on the punchline but it still hit

This was dope kinda redundant mentioning his loss to drop in the first 2 bars but this one was the one that hit the hardest

Erupt your spleen even with the 1-2 Punch the snuff’s complete

This was a dope concept I thought could have been brought together a bit better but that's me being not picky personal hit was there u just kinda lost the momentum at the corrupt/concrete part in my eyes still a solid punch

Again dope concept solid hit

In LA, they keep bashing Spume into a daze no wonder he thinks “Stars Are Fucked”

Good personal reference to the stars are fucked I think u lacked in the set up a bit here an the punch line could've been chopped down a bit but still liked the personal shot an concept

I’m stringent with pens, audio or text won’t be your crew's major strength again

The flow on this threw me off an took away from the punch don't know if it's a accent thing or not just seems like it needed to be more polished to connect more

This made me laugh good personal

All daytime talk asking me about no show, most your cast isn’t appearing since now

Just the Discord, you should uphold LI legacy instead it’s the Lyricist Lounge

This didn't hit for me I get the crew reference but don't see the actual punch here more of a statement

Overall this verse was solid bit really choppy at times an it took away from the sting of the punches at times with just a few tweaks I think this might be going ur way

this is a tough battle to call both have put forth a solid verse in the end I'ma have to side with spume he stayed more consistent an to my had the bar of the battle with the again hornet line great battle props to both

But mvgt --spume
I'll explode at the drop of a dime like proximity mines
Vellum View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 24-2-1
Form: WWWWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Vellum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2020 at 12:14am

spume

Current event punchlines will always
connect harder than random ones because
it proves that you didn't bring a pre written
punch and it also shows that you're still
thinking on your toes. This was a pretty decent
opener 

I like the name play in the second bar
and third bar

The Santa on a mission this January bar was cool

lots of current event bars I'm feeling the double
b name play

The finishing line was a good personal

nothing but rage nameplay was dope

Also, the closer is ill

Blissful Barrage

the first couple of bars are both cool personals
the second one being the harder of the two

behind bars lines have been overused in my opinion

I'm really feeling the Ben, Simmon's ... 3's off the screen line

stars are fucked was a kind of cool personal

right hook breaking benjamin line was ok
but it isn't something current or in my opinion
aimed at your opponent so I think you should
of either picked a different random punchline
that was harder or used something that was
more directly aimed at Spume

I like the liquor line it was a funny personal

I'm not sure if I'm missing something
that would make the closer hit harder.

I think Spume edged this battle in just about every category with the exception of personals and possibly humor?
Spume had the creative edge because his lines were both current and tailor made for the person he was battling more of the time than Blissful Barrages were. Overall both battlers did their thing and I think I decided the winner based on who's punches hit more but also had to take into consideration who swung and totally missed less. Which in my opinion was Spume who I believe also got the closer, the name play, originality and over all harder punchlines. I was entertained the entire time I was reading this battle and it took a second read through each battler's verses before I was able to make up my mind so even though this explanation seems to criticize Blissful while praising Spume it was a close battle and one that might even come down to the voters and their individual stylistic preferences and what they consider to be most important out of the many poetic devices and various approaches  put on display in a text battle. Props to both of you I would be interested in reading the rematch if it was to happen!

MVGT - Spume 

Rapper T View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Stats: 22-27-0
Form: LLLWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rapper T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2020 at 2:55am

spume corrupt:

Man see this is funny as fuck, straight off the bat and even though the multis aren't exact, the flow gives it something funnier I reckon, cool relevant reference off the bat too.

Personal and multi up in there, direct and aggressive too. The inner rhyme of worthless and resurface in there were cool, maybe could have done more with that space but it's straightforward and felt like this could have rolled off the tongue like a freestyle but again, this was a funny bar.

That same technique as the first bar technically gels this bar together funny again and the relevance is there. session/he's gone as inners sat in there visibly for me but some shit like chump a disgrace/give up on the chase in there could have had it flowing a bit less clunkily. Still coming at it solid.

The flow-ons from the last bar in the last 2 bars were cool like stunted dunce at first base/donald trump in a race and the added alliteration there still sat and added to the imagery, it was less brutal and a bit less direct but it still had some relevance.

Back on track in this bar for me, I like the use of flies, bees and hornets particularly for the symbolism and imagery they convey, the sting in the filler and the multis too tie this one together quite creatively.

Yeah I liked this bar too, false props are always funny and I like way you described the action you'd take to flesh out those words for the filler, I felt that two lines could have tied together a bit more but this bar was pretty funny.

I like the nameplay here in the punch, would have liked more inner rhymes in this bar but the flow-on from achievement added style. I'm a little at a loss as to what exactly a Blissful Bar is like is that a chocolate bar in another country or something or are you saying that you have the Blissful Bars, idk, just fell to the side a bit but still held together.

I liked this bar yo, and with the long bar style, it just added to the comedic affect and the five-part multis took away some of the need for the inner rhymes. The brutality for me was on point the way through the verse and the humour was really prevalent.

Closed on a bit of an ow if he's into cross-dressing idk and that personal about the dick-riding added a bit of like what's going on there to the bar. Overall it was a pretty solid stanza and I rate the bargame pretty highly out of all in the tournament in the verse.

Blissful Barrage:

Ooh that's a burning opener if he lost a girl and a pretty heavy personal, funny too with the DTK punch and solid with the multis even if they're just a couple of syllables. Could increase those to really get that flow rolling but solid opener.

Erupt your spleen even with the 1-2 Punch the snuff’s complete 

The punch just had a bit too much stretch to it but that erupt your spleen/snuff's complete/Corrupt Concrete multi was on. I like how conceptually you really crafted this mindfully and it really colours the bar.

This bar was phat. I liked the reference and the flow with the same multi pattern as the bar before, the nameplay I think that's going on there and the aggression is nice.

This was a pretty brutal reference to an OM and hit pretty good. Man some inners here would have added to the combo effect of the punch and could have brought it slightly harder but this was a pretty funny bar.

I’m stringent with pens, audio or text won’t be your crew's major strength again

This bar was wavy, I liked this one quite a lot with the added advantage of having his name the flow here was loose but tight. 

The tie-in from the filler with the drink/guzzles/bars/liquor/another round was cool wordplay. The personal added really brought this in as a good bar before the closer, I wanted it to hit more violently I guess is all, it was a good bar.

Just the Discord, you should uphold LI legacy instead it’s the Lyricist Lounge  

I mean compared to some of the first bars this, like while this was personal the closing haymaker being "you should uphold a legacy" while pertinent as a message wasn't necessarily as hard hitting as this line could have been in a violently metaphorical way. While the message was clear and relevant, the direction of the focus kind of went wayward for me in the last bar.

I mean this battle is close as, a lot of the bars are on point, I think even the styles are quite similar but I think for overall having a better usage of techniques and having a real distinct and definitive sort of style or swagger to the style and making me laugh more

MVGT spume corrupt
Crimson Juice View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Stats: 6-11-0
Form: LLWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Crimson Juice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2020 at 8:32am
3-0 win for Spume.
"You need to learn how to make an exit,
before you can dare make an entrance".
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic