Author
King Jehu View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Crew: Renegades

Text Rank: #4
Stats: 54-18-1
Form: WLWWWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote King Jehu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Testament Flow
    Posted: 18 September 2004 at 2:18pm
My heart is ever so cold as metal or frozen, it's evident, yo
I have relevant prose and more than rhyming letters in rows
My crew's better than most: I get them in motion
The higher member of the Renegades met us and chose us
Now heads roll, necks break, we're severing shoulders
Only thing higher than our wins is our intelligence quotients
We terrorize crews, leave chaos wherever we go
Yet we have more class than a suited gentleman's clothes
Yo, we'd battle Dre and 50, shatter Eminem's notion
That we were never good enough to have fed him his flows and
Metas and blows, we beat the newbies and the veteran foes
And gay battlers with beads, boas, feathers and bows
Meanwhile, poverty in the tenements grows, the president knows
But he's just an idiot and his impediment shows
Amphetamin lows, speed high and medicine doses
Drug dealers might as well be selling those shredded explosives
Who's next to be owned by Renegades? Our adrenaline's potent
Breezing through like a breath of fresh air, a heaven sent rose
Let it be known, we can be heroes, like the testament goes
We've come to save you all, and rise above you with an eminent glow
Americans, please make sure your laziness can let up, and vote
You won't be given, driven to happiness, so set up a road
Walk the way there and have a game face like you're fed up with jokes
You wanna go find something better? Then just get up and go
Many people have it bad, I speak with sentiment though
But much of it may come from evil that's embedded in souls
Together to cope, much of what's against us is dreaded, I know
But we must fight for every right, be free forever, we hope
Letters in folders, send them to our leaders, let 'em oppose us
But this new movement will arise and work better if focused
Fight for the oppressed, married to wife beaters and wedded to hoes
And open every window if the gates to heaven are closed...

Hope you liked it....

Poof!

Edited by King Jehu
Insert something rappy here
-Orion- View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Text Rank: #1
Stats: 90-4-1
Form: WWWWNW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote -Orion- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2004 at 2:24pm

Already said I think this is one of the best bits from you we've seen.

Flow is tight, the multis are fluent and really add to the flow an' the message is subtle but strong, it doesn't start as strong but from President knows and onwards it's just mad. Expression is great, so many quotables, shredded explosives, let up and vote, embedded in souls and the last two/three bars in their entirety.

Hot shit!

Peace

. . . Now who said they fuckin' with me?
They just said that FUCKIN' with me
They didn't mean it
Nah . . .
Hindsight View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Hindsight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2004 at 11:30am
What Orion said. This really demonstrates a high level of lyrical ability and knowledge of how to put a piece together. Once your writing pieces that are this good your basically wasting your time on the net anyway, as (imo) net emcees are just learning the basics as most of them arent very good at all, and lots of them dont even spit in real life (alot of them arent good enough). I mean no offence to heads on here, but look at the quality thats about, its severely lacking n u've got all these little english (or welsh in some cases) kids who are pretending their american, rappin in fake accents, even listenin to shitty u.s rap like Mase, Chingy etc.

Watch out for producers cos some will rip you off, a mate of mine just released a tune a few months ago, but the producer conned him out  of about 35% of the royalties, as he owned both the track and my friends 64 bars (cos they were recorded on his equipment specifically for the beat)

Consequently the track is owned by the producer and my mate became a "featuring" artist on the track (meaning he gets a much thinner slice), even tho it was originally a collaboration and hes the only mc on it and the whole thing lasts for 4 and a half minutes.
Got quite abit of exposure from it but he could've done with the cash alot more.

But yeah thats just a bit of advice init.

Goodluck

Peace
-Orion- View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote -Orion- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2004 at 11:41am

I think the net isn't a waste of time if you're good/established, it's a great way to keep in loose practice and also to spread your work to wide audiences quickly and conveniently... I did an essay for an exam last year on the Internet and got full marks, so don't fuck with me.

...Loserish threats aside, I rate the net as a good medium for any artist. I do agree there's a lot of slack about but this site has a lot of talent and some good potential talent as well, and Jehu himself has improved since being here, as have I, Perfecto, and others around... and even once we've established skill, we've stayed. You yourself don't do much here, I'd like to see you battle a bit more etc...

One last thing about accents: I just can't do UK accent in rap. Some people can make it sound right - I can't. I can see why you call it fake etc etc, but as long as I don't actually act American - which I don't, even though a good proportion of my bloodline are over there - I don't see anything fake about it IMO.

They didn't mean it
Nah . . .
Abstrakt View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 32-17-2
Form: LLNNWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Abstrakt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2004 at 11:43am
King Jehus lyrics are at a Higher Level than most..

Not many can amount to that level of skill.
Its enevitable to start audios now, 'or waste to much talent you will.

Hindsight View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Hindsight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2004 at 6:07pm
You make some good points Orion, the net can be useful to elevate, it helped me back in the day when i was first writing lyrics, posting them on a board and getting feedback.  But for me, it just doesnt help any more, and i find that putting alot of time and effort into the whole textcee things can tend to stagnate your style and creativity.  Once you've reached the stage where you can say your good i reckon its more beneficial to be tryin to make it and get recognised in your ends, battlin freestylin and doin open mikes etc. Gettin yourself and your shit out there so people get the opportunity to connect with it, or feel your style or whatever, in real life  means more than on the net.
I mean some heads aint as serious as others but I'm lookin to actually be able to make money from uk hip hop at some stage.

As for the accent thing, first of all, do you actually listen to any of the material that comes from the UK, cos if not then no wonder you spit in an american accent. If all u've ever heard is Biggie Nas jay z etc

But you should be able to spit in your own voice bruv, without altering the accent. Would you really feel comfortable spitting in an american accent at a party or whatever in front of people you didnt know? Cos i would feel damn uncomfortable if i was watchin you.

I have family in the usa as well, but that doesnt make me feel like rapping in an american accent. If you pull it off then fairplay to you, but 99.9999 percent of people i've seen doin it are so hilariously bad its almost painful, most of the time their diabolically shit mcs but the accent is just the icing on the cake.

I dont want to sound like a condascending wank stain but i'm not really active on here as i'm out and about doing open mikes, ciphering rapping with other people etc and i've only seen a handful of remotely nice mc's on this site. Also, you can say the nets a good medium for all artists, but if the artists good, at the end of the day where is he hopefully gonna end up, as champ on multiple battle boards? or as good, skilled mc who understands the technicalities of mcing but actually perfroms in real life, in front of real peaople, makes real records and gets paid real money etc. I know which one i'd rather be.

Safe

Edited by Hindsight
-Orion- View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote -Orion- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2004 at 6:19pm

I've heard a lot of UK rap... that was the condescending part... and having family in the US and having US in your blood are two different things... and yeah I would be comfortable... The net is good at all levels, no matter what. Obviously main focus should change to elsewhere but it should always remain *A* focus of what you do... As for this site, I've seen your stuff and there are a lot of MCs/textcees here on your level or above, so I feel you were a bit too critical there. You're talented, but many are as talented as you or more so.

Peace

They didn't mean it
Nah . . .
King Jehu View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote King Jehu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2004 at 8:44am
Any comments on the Piece? All comments accepted, whether u thought it was wack or not...
Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Stats: 47-22-0
Form: WWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cuba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2004 at 9:06am

I actually think Renegades do a lot of bitchin...ya get feedback off the people that matter so y'all should stfu bout that  ... At least ya get feed, Ive seen better people on other sites be ignored worse than this...

In terms of the key, it was hot...I didnt like the start of it tho, yeh it flowed and had multis but I already knew Jehu could do that, could still appreciate the rhyme scheme and multis tho at that point coz they was dope, but I thought this bit was crazy:

Metas and blows, we beat the newbies and the veteran foes
And gay battlers with beads, boas, feathers and bows
Meanwhile, poverty in the tenements grows, the president knows

^^^ Extremely dope shit, Sounds crazy over the Lean Back beat...like the attack on the President as well...

Flow throughout was dope, you gah some of the smoothest multis Ive eva seen on the net and ya dont have huge bars and still manage to say a lotta stuff within ya rhyme....

PEace

King Jehu View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote King Jehu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2004 at 9:20am
I was waiting for the feed from you... Thanks. I just wanted feedback cause I'm really proud of this piece.
Peace
Thickest crap View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 5-17-0
Form: Unknown
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Thickest crap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2004 at 11:40am
Well not matter what you like to do with yah skillz
If its being a top MC or just being yahself that was a
tight complex spit.....Great word play nice mulits and
reat flow. Love the Imagination

"Meanwhile, poverty in the tenements grows, the
president knows
Drug dealers might as well be selling those
shredded explosives"

great line you talk about yah crew and the shit in the
world, good job on keeping the tpoic on a flow and
not running all over the map.

Thanks for the good read
Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Stats: 47-22-0
Form: WWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cuba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2004 at 4:51pm

Backing up my point, Jehu...posts a key has however many views, has a couple of comments...
IceC posts a key, has 16 (?) views and one reply which was a verse following on from mine...lol

LaWleSs View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 2-5-0
Form: LWLLWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote LaWleSs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2004 at 5:04pm
thats because your wack ice c
www.soundclick.com/lawlessmc
-Orion- View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote -Orion- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2004 at 5:21pm
Well it's Renegades and IceC. Whenever we talk about Renegades bein' hated on or only active ones or whatever whatever you're kinda a given with it. And Lawless now he's back as well I guess.
They didn't mean it
Nah . . .
King Jehu View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote King Jehu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2004 at 9:40pm
To tell the truth, I make no distinction between Renegades and E.L.I.T.E...

and your verse was correct. You spoke the truth about being underrated, hated on and not given a second glance. I agree woith you 100%. it took us bitching about shit to actually get some feedback... I'd appreciate it if you muhfuckas told Ice what you thought of his spit. Link HERE
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic