Forum LockedFuck Y'all: Allow Me To Reintroduce Myself...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
iLL ScriptureZ View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 11-5-1
Form: LWWLWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote iLL ScriptureZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Allow Me To Reintroduce Myself...
    Posted: 18 February 2015 at 1:04pm
...Since I never had my "day in court" and was judged guilty before innocent, I finally get to speak. Now, with that said. I've read all the comments from everyone that replied and took in all of your opinions. Here is where I stand:

Did I bite any verse or lyrics? No.
Did I take a story I heard years ago & make it a verse? Yes.

Now, with that being clear let me get a little more deeper. Though I really feel like its beating a dead horse in explaining myself. I have a percentage in a business that trains athletes & teams as a whole. I've been too numerous workshops that have helped me be pretty successful at this career. In these workshops we have motivational speakers and presenters that give you certain things you always "take away". For me, its always the stories that they give. Which, so happened to be the one I used.

Do stories come from somewhere? Obviously.
Did I search for it on the internet? No.

I don't care what you believe. But it came from straight memory. And I have more stories, if not better that I share with my teams and athletes to motivate them. For an example, we have a word of the week. Maybe one week it's "honesty". To which, that topical I wrote was about. Am I not allowed to share these stories with my athletes bc it came from somewhere else? I believe, its no different than your homie telling you a story and then you making it a rhyme. Or what about writing a topical about historical events? Can you not use them now because the information is online? Then we got the responses of "it was word for word". But my verse was not word for word. It just outlined & described the story I was telling extremely well. 

To the people that dissed me, it is what it is. To the people who "lost respect", it is what it is. This was me taking a story and making it a verse. Lastly, if you got a problem with me. Head to my PM box.
Titu View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Stats: 47-19-0
Form: WWWWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Titu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2015 at 2:15pm
Welcome back, Ill.

You know we both had mutal repect for each other so you know Im not trying to wind things up.  There is a HUGE difference between motivational speech and topical writing. Allow me to explain.

The purpose/goal of a motivational speech is to "motivate". It doesnt include creative aspects. If you are sucessful in motivating,  you are good at it. Because as long as the goal is being acheived,  speech is good. nomatter where it comes from.

On the other hand,  topical writing have "creative " aspect as a main component. Coming up with an original story/ concept takes a lot of HARD work and your verse is judged upon it.

Tbh with you,  anybody can google shit. I would never want to read something that is taken from web.  And I fail to see how you executed the whole story exactly the same without even reading it. I think nobody is going to beleive that.  

Just appologise and move on. Thats it. No need to make excuses. Maybe you didnt know it,  but now you know. So just take it easy...   Peace.
Fuck That Fat smelly cunt Donald Trump, a racist asshole who is fucked in the head.

Standard Member
Standard Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote iLL ScriptureZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2015 at 2:27pm
I hear everyone's opinion, and I respect them all the same. Apologizing on something opinionated isn't something I'm going to do. This will be the last post I drop about it though.
Rutter knows best View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Crew: EMPIRE

Text Champ

Stats: 44-12-0
Form: WWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rutter knows best Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2015 at 3:16pm
Well welcome back regardless. Like I said at the times I have no feelings on this really. It's borderline and just depends which side it falls under for each person. As far as I'm concerned you done your time, let's move on.

Still makes good material though.
#bananas
DressToKill View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: Lyricist Inc.

Stats: 78-62-0
Form: LLWWWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DressToKill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2015 at 4:39pm
Could care less what happened, welcome back. It's just funny with VM's decorated history
The original comeback kid
Beans View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Stats: 95-24-5
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Beans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2015 at 4:42pm
Welcome back illy vanilly
1-2 Season 1 Final Champ
Ricaul View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Stats: 5-7-0
Form: WLLWLL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Ricaul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2015 at 6:16pm
You stole a *concept*... < makes me wonder if that's what you do in all of your verses you wrote here.... But yo.... That ain my biness.

It's NOT REAL!!!! it's A SITE!!!!
The only place faggots can talk Shiite without get'n their asses kicked...
so bro..... just be cool like Ric.
Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Stats: 47-22-0
Form: WWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cuba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2015 at 6:55pm
^ that's not really fair Ricaul...

I think ultimately the difference is that if it was an open mic it would be completely fine in my view. You take inspiration from that story, you can say "written around a story I was told when on x" can give you credit for your obvious skill/ability to change that from a story into a verse.

The point is that you don't pass someone else's creativity off as your own & I think that's the difficult position Law was put in for the tourney...I think in a competition you basically need to have 100% creative input and you didn't. It'd be like us having an audio tourney where the rules were "you must have original beats and lyrics" and then you used someone else's beat but wrote the lyrics yourself. I don't think you should continue in the competition but equally I think you should get the credit for the fact you wrote a dope verse

Obviously I realise that there was a bit of a grey area in terms of it doesn't say "don't take a pre existing story" in the rules, but I think that's implied & in the end why Law was right to DQ you from the tourney. You could see voters were saying it was a close battle and the story pushed you over the edge & that story wasn't your idea, therefore you shouldn't get credit for it in my view.

But anyways, none of that really matters...I think that it's good that you're back & I'd say just keep dropping quality material and it'll get forgotten by any respectable (non-stupid) person who comes around these parts.
The Law View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
God of the Minions

Battle Royale Champ

Stats: 64-8-8
Form: LNWWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote The Law Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2015 at 7:25pm
On my phone so Im not gonna go the rhrough and read the others post. But speech and writing are two completely different things. Its not the same as history either, it wasn't something you needed to do research on.

If it was in the OM section and not used as a competitive advantage you would have received no reprecussions. But for the reason that the concept and story was the main reason you received the win is unfair to everyone else participating. You didn't exact any creativity or your own work, you stole someone else's and through some rhymes on it. Either way, it's over with now. And I respect the way that you came back and dropped and OM and didn't start a bitch fest like many would do.
Go my Minions!

Scotty32 View Drop Down
Site Owner
Site Owner
Speaker of Wisdom & Truth

Stats: 3-4-0
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Scotty32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2015 at 7:43pm
Originally posted by Cuba Cuba wrote:

^ that's not really fair Ricaul...

I think ultimately the difference is that if it was an open mic it would be completely fine in my view. You take inspiration from that story, you can say "written around a story I was told when on x" can give you credit for your obvious skill/ability to change that from a story into a verse.

The point is that you don't pass someone else's creativity off as your own & I think that's the difficult position Law was put in for the tourney...I think in a competition you basically need to have 100% creative input and you didn't. It'd be like us having an audio tourney where the rules were "you must have original beats and lyrics" and then you used someone else's beat but wrote the lyrics yourself. I don't think you should continue in the competition but equally I think you should get the credit for the fact you wrote a dope verse

Obviously I realise that there was a bit of a grey area in terms of it doesn't say "don't take a pre existing story" in the rules, but I think that's implied & in the end why Law was right to DQ you from the tourney. You could see voters were saying it was a close battle and the story pushed you over the edge & that story wasn't your idea, therefore you shouldn't get credit for it in my view.

But anyways, none of that really matters...I think that it's good that you're back & I'd say just keep dropping quality material and it'll get forgotten by any respectable (non-stupid) person who comes around these parts.

That is basically it. Law asked for my advice on it before the DQ and I said the same thing. If it was Open Mic I wouldn't of cared, but for a tournament (with a cash prize no less) and especially how close the story and verse lined up, there was no other choice really.

I'd add that the majority of people who spoke out in the ban thread didn't even checkout the situation and jumped on the hate train. As LA like's to do.

Great and Glorious Supreme Presidential Leader of the People's Democratic Republic of LA
Standard Member
Standard Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote iLL ScriptureZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2015 at 7:52pm
Yeah I said this was my last post earlier but after reading Cubas post about the audio tourny. I hadn't looked at it like that. But as far as being a "biter" that's a word I don't take kindly too. But all is over with, I just wanted my chance to speak.
Ricaul View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Stats: 5-7-0
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Ricaul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2015 at 8:14pm
Cuba, good point.. but fact still stands.. He bit the story.. No hate on ILL... At all, guy's standard...!

It's NOT REAL!!!! it's A SITE!!!!
The only place faggots can talk Shiite without get'n their asses kicked...
so bro..... just be cool like Ric.
Beans View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Stats: 95-24-5
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Beans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2015 at 1:06am
Originally posted by Ricaul Ricaul wrote:

Cuba, good point.. but fact still stands.. He bit the story.. No hate on ILL... At all, guy's standard...!

Battle ILL...
1-2 Season 1 Final Champ
Standard Member
Standard Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote iLL ScriptureZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2015 at 1:07am
Originally posted by Beans Beans wrote:

Originally posted by Ricaul Ricaul wrote:

Battle ILL...

Lulz
barrybondz View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 0-1-0
Form: L
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote barrybondz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2015 at 1:14am
iLL I still love you man. I mean to me it seems like this was over inflated than what it was and wasn't a true "bite" I mean it's everyone's opinion but there are so many damn books in the world whos to say "their" story is original? You thought of it and someone else probably has. Just like a great bar we come up with, it's been done before. All in all you are still one of the greatest on here and I respect your work. 
Standard Member
Standard Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote iLL ScriptureZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2015 at 1:32am
Props Bondz
Exoduzt View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member
NaCl

Crew: Elision

Stats: 41-7-5
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Exoduzt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2015 at 1:53am
I still stand by what I said.  I never targeted you personally.  The verse was anonymous so I didnt know who it was.  Lets make that clear.  After I read the verse which I voted for it kept bothering me that day because I know I heard that exact same story before.  So I checked it out.  Sure enough my hunch was correct.    It was plagiarized no matter what spin anyone wants to put on it.  You just changed the end words to make them rhyme.  Everything was the same.  You also tried to play it off as your own.  In my opinion even if this was just an OM and not in the tournament I still would be saying the same thing.   

I also am not gonna back track on the respect thing.  I did lose a little bit of respect for you because of this probably because I had so much of it for you to begin with.  Maybe if I didnt feel that way It wouldnt have mattered to me that much.  I like the fact that you came and dropped an OM but I think it would have been better if you apologized in any sort of way.  I still think your a dope write one of my favorites on the site as well.  But it is what it is I guess

daydizzle89 View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Stats: 6-11-0
Form: LWWLLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote daydizzle89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2015 at 1:58am
scripts is one of the few vets here that's drops feed on my shit. One of the few cats at his level that has collard with me. He's a sick writer no matter what. I see both sides but I don't think he intentional meant any wrong doing. 
Standard Member
Standard Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote iLL ScriptureZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2015 at 1:59am
Exo it is what it is. You're gonna have your opinion and I have mine. You stand by yours and i still stand by mind. But I will say I acknowlrdge what you're sayig but I don't have to agree with it. Just as you don't agree with mine. I'm leaving it there, lose respect if you want I can't control that and don't care to. Apparently this is a dead ass subject now anyway.
Exoduzt View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member
NaCl

Crew: Elision

Stats: 41-7-5
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Exoduzt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2015 at 2:07am
we'll just leave it at that then..you have your opinion I got mine.  Its over its done with.  Time to move on

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic