Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Lord Puente View Drop Down
Final Boss

Audio Champ

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 4-2-0
Form: LWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lord Puente Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: [Champ Match] Goryo vs Ridley [wk15]
    Posted: 06 December 2016 at 3:21am
due fridaay
Goryo. View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Crew: Tha Syndicate

Stats: 4-4-0
Form: LWLWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Goryo. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2016 at 3:03pm
LA's comedian... heard it runs in the family and it's not a new trait
Proof? Well his mother 'dropped the biggest joke'... on her due date
Ridley Squat View Drop Down
Street Team
Street Team

Crew: Tha Syndicate

Stats: 9-6-0
Form: WWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Ridley Squat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2016 at 10:10pm
Like your stupid name I'll end your reign in a Full Stop ... I'm serious!
Gore in a box? Just call Squat, and I'll leave this cunt bloody. Period.
Kiki Spirez View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: Kratos Kind

Stats: 68-26-0
Form: WWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kiki Spirez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2016 at 11:52pm

This vote has been accepted by a moderator.

A good battle.

Gor- like the concept. Liked how the set up and finisher contacted. Bit of an old joke is my only criticism. But it was good humour.

Rid- also like the concept. Main criticism is that the set up wasn't fantastic in context. Also an old joke, but because of the gore and squat plays, it was on a higher level.

Close, but mvgt Rid, as I appreciated the word play. Close though, could go either way.
SiQ View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SiQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2016 at 1:05am

Close match...

I felt Gor had more dope tie-ins that made his punch a tad bit better. And i felt his set up line was better too.

V- gor
Crimson Juice View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Crew: Lyricist Inc.

Stats: 6-11-0
Form: LLWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Crimson Juice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2016 at 10:11am

Goryo yeah I liked it,the angle was well directed and creative here,also had a good
tempo running along side too,the punch/personal was aimed well and found their
mark,the play added some more weight on the the whole,also had a little humour
of your own here, good bar..

Rid's,I liked your angle here too,the play was good as to the punch/personal,like Gor's they were well directed also,dispelling the double account scenario,the set up was a
little weak really but that's no biggie,at least it flowed well,the serious/period was in
my opinion a stressed and forced bit of rhyming though, but it worked still..

Overall good battle and kind of hard to call, so I re-read them both before making a
choice here,I like it when I have to be forced to make a choice as it shows for me
just how close this was,I liked the role reversal here too,Rid's coming like Gor,and
Goryo with the humour element coming like Rid's, both did well with their offerings,
there is a winner for me here and that was Rid's,here why,he was more focused i
believe,and he's bar appealed to me just that little bit more,sorry if this seems lame,
but that all I could see that separates you both is focus..

Vote..Rid's..peace.
"You need to learn how to make an exit,
before you can dare make an entrance".
Lord Puente View Drop Down
Final Boss

Audio Champ

Stats: 4-2-0
Form: LWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lord Puente Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2016 at 2:24am
this is a close one, still don't know which way I will vote as iw rite this.

goryo, I liked your concept a lot and it was executed well. its pretty smooth reading. I also liked the fact that you went with a funny twist which is more ridley style which adds the I can do what you can do but better effect. well done especially for the fact its different then your usual.

ridley, I iliked your concept and I like the different rhymes you got in there. the concept was oringal and very well worded in regards to gore in a box/ cunt bloody. period.
the only qualms really with yours is that I wish it would have been a better end rhyme altho you do have those internals in there. it would have added an extra layer of smoothness to it.

that being said, im going to vote goryo, but I will say a little revamping of ridley's and I think it would have taken this.

mvgt goryo
S Dubb View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Crew: Alter Egos

Stats: 2-7-1
Form: LLLLNL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote S Dubb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2016 at 1:23pm
This was a great battle, very close and it's hard for me to decide so let me brake it down real quick...

Goryo- good bar, solid punch... Love how you ended this bar... It was funny and a solid punch good work

Rid- another good bar, solid punch and great wordplay.. due to that I believe u won

Vote- ridley
The Law View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
God of the Minions

Battle Royale Champ

Stats: 64-8-8
Form: LNWWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote The Law Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2016 at 5:28pm
Goryo - Okay bar. The pause implementation helped emphasis the end punch. The personal 'LA comedian" tie in is a plus. But still regarding the overall concept used, it seemed like childish comeback insult from two kids bickering back and forth. 

Rid - Another one that had an okay twist on the name used with a old ass concept. Your bar is worded well also. And the creativity with gore in a box/cunt and squat tie in nice. 

MVGT: RID - I just enjoyed his punch better. If I am being honest, even for a one-bar champ match, this was a bit of a let down for me because of the concepts. Like several others on this site, I've been around for quite sometime, long before I came to LA. The period and birth joke plays seem like they have been said since the start of time. 
Go my Minions!

Fire-N-Ice View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fire-N-Ice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2016 at 2:26am
nice
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic