Author
Scotty32 View Drop Down
Site Owner
Site Owner
Speaker of Wisdom & Truth

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 3-4-0
Form: WLLWLL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Scotty32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: LA Veteran Nomination Thread
    Posted: 19 June 2014 at 10:14pm

As a way to help kick-start a revival of Hall of Fame, I have created this thread for people to nominate other members they feel should be listed on the prestiges LA Veterans page.

You can nominate anyone from the past or present as a Veteran. They do not need to be active any more. You can nominate them for what ever reason you wish. You can nominate as many or as few people as you wish as veterans. You can (and should) re-nominate anyone who has already been nominated by another member.

You can nominate your self, if you are such an egotistical bastard that you feel you need nominating before anyone else from the 10+ years of LA history. But we all reserve the right to judge you for your selfish act.

It would be extremely helpful if you gave a clear set of reasons why you have nominated the particular member. This will help tremendously in finding how veterans should be decided and what makes someone a Veteran. A Shitty excuse to drop a name only help make Hall of Fame and the Veterans page shitty.

You can always share your opinion on what you feel makes a Vet in my request for feedback on the vets page thread.

Edited by Scotty32 - 19 June 2014 at 11:08pm
Great and Glorious Supreme Presidential Leader of the People's Democratic Republic of LA
SwordedStylez View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Audio Rank: Unranked
Stats: 3-0-1
Form: WWWN
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote SwordedStylez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2014 at 10:42pm
I have to give this nomination not only because he's prolly the writer I respect most, but he's ben my homie for some years now, so let me happily nominate a cat who noone should argue about my boy CHAIN if anyone deserves this he does.

Also, not sure if he's already a vet, I know he's a mod. But when I first hit this site there was a 14 yr old kid with MAD potential. Potential he realised and more and his elevation from beginner to great writer can be seen in over a decade of development so my other nomination is Point Blank

Both of these guys are most deserving  I think.
Music

Ink - Always remembered, never forgotten (as a fake as fuck piece of shit who tried to steal 2 persona's)
The Law View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
God of the Minions

Battle Royale Champ

Stats: 64-8-8
Form: LNWWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote The Law Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2014 at 10:44pm
Kiki Spirez

Been here since 2008. Although, I have not been here since then and have not seen what he has done. It's obvious he's been a long standing member for awhile. Has a ton of skill in lyricism and has done his fair share to contribute to the site. He consistently puts out dope open mics. IMO, I view him as a veteran to LA. He's respected and good for the community here. Stays out of all the bullshit that goes on as well with the exception of some OM's that touch up on everything in a humorous way. 

Go my Minions!

Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SwordedStylez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2014 at 10:52pm
^^ That's a great nomination actually, I think I didn't think of it because I still remember when he first got here haha, great writer though and totally deserving of the award.

Edit - Are you a Vet Scoot? If not I'd say "started the site and keeps it running despite constant derision by retards who don't realise that the site wouldn't exist if you didn't keep PAYING FOR IT OUT OF YOUR OWN FUCKING POCKET" is a DAMN good reason for Vet status.... 

Edited by SwordedStylez - 19 June 2014 at 11:01pm
Music

Ink - Always remembered, never forgotten (as a fake as fuck piece of shit who tried to steal 2 persona's)
Shankley View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: Kratos Kind

Stats: 37-43-1
Form: WNLWWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Shankley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2014 at 11:06pm
MNGTJBrenn- He is holding it down on the battlefield, makes sick-ass sigs for most of the members who have sigs. He has great OMs when he drops 'em. He has been here since 05 and is still active and helping the site.

And all mentioned have a great shout as to why they should be picked.
The Amount of Fucks given: Zero
Smoothtung View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 25-8-3
Form: WWWLWN
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Smoothtung Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2014 at 11:42pm
Originally posted by SwordedStylez SwordedStylez wrote:

I have to give this nomination not only because he's prolly the writer I respect most, but he's ben my homie for some years now, so let me happily nominate a cat who noone should argue about my boy CHAIN if anyone deserves this he does.

Also, not sure if he's already a vet, I know he's a mod. But when I first hit this site there was a 14 yr old kid with MAD potential. Potential he realised and more and his elevation from beginner to great writer can be seen in over a decade of development so my other nomination is Point Blank

Both of these guys are most deserving  I think.

I second both of those
Imagery so vividly intrinsic you might miss it..
Though you never even had the chance to witness it
Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SwordedStylez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2014 at 12:15am
I have more to add (10 years gives you a lot of shit to work with in terms of people you admire.)

dalinquent - been here forever, former crew leader of a crew I was in (Asylum.)  One of the few cats who's consistently held it down in audio, a genuinely great guy with solid battle skills to boot.

Nepenthez/Scorpia King - Again, been here forever, recruited me to my first ever LA crew "Frontline" before IceCuba stole me away to E.L.I.T.E.  A consistent but never stand-out writer, his contributions as a mod and advocate towards LA's future earns him a spot here, someone I honestly like as a person (and gets a shout out for being one of the only other dancers on the site even if it wasn't that serious an endeavour.)

G-Pfeif - Again another cat who held down the audio section of the site, he's also in the forum graphics at the top of the site, and had the balls to show his ponytail despite the mass ridicule he received for doing so. (was also in both Asylum and ELITE with me at various points in history)

Briggzy - He's from my home town, he's approximately 5 foot tall (and I may be being generous) he's ginger and yet he still managed (and continues to manage) to be a really good emcee.  Better as a recording artist than a battler, he had his fair share of beefs with top members back in the day, he still records and has great music.  To me he's a big part of the history of LA, especially it's audio. He deserves the honour.

Stalin - A mod for a long time. Great battler, easiest the most "likeable" of the Renegades outside of the King. This guy is class all the way, always handles himself correctly and never gets caught in the nonsense as far as I can tell.

Sparta - Another class act all the way. I was proud to be on the Dynasty roster with him. Again possibly not the greatest writer of all time, but this guy was a solid contributor to the site for a long time, I'd like to see him get this honour.

mcwoods - I don't care who you are. You aren't as versatile as this kid.  This guy might not have had the best overall technique but he had this uncanny ability to emulate the style of almost any rapper.  Another likeable guy with a great sense of humour, I might not have been his biggest fan a lot of the time, but he worked hard on his shit and it paid off.

edit - I can't believe I forgot...

Kay B - Probably THE nicest guy on LA.  I've seen this guy work his ARSE off to be a better writer, I've spent countless days on MSN giving him feedback and advice on his verses. If anyone embodies "work ethic" on this site, it's Kev. In my mind an absolute legend.
I'm sure I'll think of more as the memories return, I'm getting old and I've abused my mind with far too many substances to be honest, but as the cogs get going I'll probably add to this list.

Edited by SwordedStylez - 20 June 2014 at 12:25am
Music

Exoduzt View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member
NaCl

Crew: Elision

Stats: 41-7-5
Form: WWWWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Exoduzt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2014 at 12:15am
CHAIN and Kiki hands down

The Law View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
God of the Minions

Battle Royale Champ

Stats: 64-8-8
Form: LNWWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote The Law Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2014 at 12:33am
Originally posted by Exoduzt Exoduzt wrote:

CHAIN and Kiki hands down

I had you in mind as well for many of the same reasons that I nominated kiki, but you have the modship status already lol. 
Go my Minions!

DressToKill View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: Lyricist Inc.

Stats: 78-62-0
Form: LLWWWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DressToKill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2014 at 12:51am
Point - been around forever, has won tourneys, has modded and contributed to the site

Exo - been here forever, always improving the site by being an honest/solid member and writer

Kiki - has been here forever as well and grown with the site, always active and dropping dope pieces

Chain - once again has been here for years, always dropped nukes for verses and still amazes me with his talent

That's all that comes to mind atm, will add if I have to
The original comeback kid
Exoduzt View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member
NaCl

Crew: Elision

Stats: 41-7-5
Form: WWWWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Exoduzt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2014 at 1:45am
DTK as well...been here since forever and was champ and is just the dude... deserves it as much as anyone....i ment to mention him in my first post...and Law that shouldnt matter!!! throw my name out there lol

CHAIN View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Reigning Open Mic King

Stats: 8-4-0
Form: LWWLWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote CHAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2014 at 12:49pm
I appreciate the nominations but I really don't deserve to be a veteran.
There are a lot more people who put in more work than me.

So that alone disqualifies me.

I don't see the 'others' vets around often, so I'm going to have to nominate SS and point blank.
Point Blank is the reason I post here.

XLNC View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 4-2-3
Form: WWLWNW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote XLNC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2014 at 1:54pm
My nominations wud be Point Blank and DTK...Both have been damn helpful in the popularity of this site...Kiki Spirez wud also be an option...They're all damn gud...I've always considered SS an original vet...Si here are my nominations...
PB
DTK
Kiks
SS
Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SwordedStylez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2014 at 2:10pm
As flattered as I am by nominations, I'm not sure I've truly "earned" them.  Whilst I have been off and on the site since 04, "off and on" is very key in that description.  LA was never my "home site" so to speak, and the lack of a consistent audio section (which to be fair is currently on the up - good work to all of those who're contributing on that side of the site) has always meant that I've rarely stayed longer than a couple of years in any of my many stints on here.

Whilst I may have the "skills" and "history" to deserve the title, and would happily accept it, there are a lot of cats who've already been mentioned here who've been around near-constantly in comparison to my own "fits and bursts" style of activity.  I intend to leave a "legacy" in the form of long, detailed and informed guides on various aspects of the "game" (see audio guide for reference) and to be honest, that's more than enough for me.  I'm not in this for the praise, recognition or "glory."  I've always been involved with the site and sites like it for the sole purpose of spreading the Hip Hop culture which is about the closest thing to a religion that I have.

If cats like Kay B, Point, Stalin and Sparta had already received the "honour" I'd be much more receptive with stuff like this, they've mostly equalled or surpassed my own 10-ish years (it's hard for me to consider cats from 08 as true "vets" to be honest, they're still "young uns" in my head lol - no hate, just a different viewpoint) and are much more "based" on the site.  If I achieve my goal of having at least 3 more guides on the same level and depth as my audio guide then fair enough, I may in some way deserve something like this. I just wanted to make it clear that in my mind, there are far more deserving candidates.
Music

Kay B View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: Lyricist Inc.

Stats: 58-32-0
Form: LLWWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Kay B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2014 at 2:51pm
Appreciate it SS...but gota be Chain for me, the other half of Kain and easily one of the best writer's on this site
Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Stats: 47-22-0
Form: WWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cuba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2014 at 6:29pm
My thoughts on the vet thing have developed a little since that other thread, now I think that to qualify for vet status you should:

Make an OUTSTANDING contribution to the LA community

Areas where I'd consider to be appropriate (I.e. You should be "outstanding" in at least one of these areas:
1. History of supporting elevation of significant number of members
2. Significant & lasting contribution in admin areas (running tourneys, setting example, leadership)
3. Consistent game changing level of writing (from inspiration / elevating community type angle)

I think we should have criteria so people can say why they're nominating someone and others can objectively assess it, rather than nominating people that you like or whatever...
Scotty32 View Drop Down
Site Owner
Site Owner
Speaker of Wisdom & Truth

Stats: 3-4-0
Form: WLLWLL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Scotty32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2014 at 6:43pm
Cuba, I'd rather keep the discussion on how it should work to the other thread and keep this as just a nomination thread.

If anyone wishes to continue that discussion they can in my request for feedback on the vets page thread.
Great and Glorious Supreme Presidential Leader of the People's Democratic Republic of LA
JBrenn View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: Tha Syndicate

Stats: 40-26-0
Form: WWLWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JBrenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2014 at 6:24am
Thanks for the nom shankley....

I try to contribute to the site however i can i try and be the most rounded member i can be... OM's Tag Teams Crew tourneys Sigs Tourney Banners.... spotting double accounts... helping scotty in general... not trying to bump my self cause there are plenty more deserving vets here right now just as active as me....

I remember EX from the old days...
I think a few belt holders should get the nod..
PB for sure 
KiKi is a most
Me and Dress have really put in work here we both have elevated here grew up here... id like to see him in there... 
Dal taught me back in the day... asylum days...
KAY B was killing it way back when and stayed on top.....

All those names are old heads i would like to not get a vet status until i hang it up in the battle arena if thats cool... lol I'm still trying to snag a few belts!
Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Stats: 47-22-0
Form: WWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cuba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2014 at 7:41pm
I think Point Blank is definitely a veteran...been active over a long period, been a mod, ran tourneys, really solid record of championing the site in my view.

Hanging Basket if he ever left Lead Mod duties would be another given longevity of contribution to the site.

Is there anyone who stands out from voting/feedback point of view? Sure there are a few but can't think of from top of my head...
Point Blank View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Stats: 92-27-5
Form: WWNWWN
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Point Blank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2014 at 8:35pm
Originally posted by Cuba Cuba wrote:

Is there anyone who stands out from voting/feedback point of view? Sure there are a few but can't think of from top of my head...

UNLM is worth a shout, he's been here a very long time, and although he hasn't led crews or ran/won tournaments, he's a very highly respected member and when it comes to giving feedback and advice there aren't many people around who have contributed more than him. Whether that warrants veteran status in the grand scheme of things is up for debate 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic