Sports, Media and Entertainment: Street Fighter ??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Sammy View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Beacon of Light

Crew: Elision

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 1-1-1
Form: LNW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Sammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2017 at 12:05am
ha! oh shit, this is dope

Neek View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Super Mario Slaughterer

Stats: 3-1-0
Form: LWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Neek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2017 at 11:07pm
Well, after some dope homie lobbies (shout-outs to everyone who came through.. Sotty32..I see you too). The ultimate showdown had to be done. This was a pretty dope set. Definitely back and fourth.. and I was originally just gonna make this a montage, but I heard the last write-up was alright.. so I figured fuck it..someone can skim this while they drop a duece. you're welcome LA. #ThanksBakardi

Law vs Nigma (best of 5)

Game 1 (not technically, explained at the end) -

Round 1, Nigma playing Ken opens up with a solid double crouching medium kick to tatsu combo. Law whos using Ibuki comes back with a little combo of his own, followed by a few trades and then a 10 paces staredown…Nigma breaks the awkward glares by going for a raw dragon punch, purely as an intimidation tactic. Law with a huge stun bar, gives no fucks and keeps the pace aggressive. Nigma responds by ending the show on a tatsu.

Round 2, opens a bit in the feeling out realm. things get live after Law's combo, with overheads and side switches included. Nigma says fuck that shit, throws projectiles, tatsu's and another raw dragon punch that lands for good measure. Law's stun bar is again raised from a nice green to a dark yellow. Nigma opts out of furthering his damage spree and decides to go all in with a Law Signature Move and hits a raw critical art. Game 1 in the books.

1-0 Nigma.

Game 2 -

Round 1, Nigma opens like he knows a blockstring or two, puts early pressure on Law. the man playing Ibuki responds by going for his own block string and tosses in a nice v-skill as well for good measure. Word? says Nigma.. tatsu time. Law gets his own revenge by showing Nigma he need to watch his toes at all times and finishes the show on a medium kick kasumikage.

Round 2, Nigma starts off by what is becoming his own Signature Special and a low to tatsu combo. Law feeling like the skies are free, takes several jump ins and continues his onslaught of butchering Nigma's toes. Law going full troll mode spams his crouching light punch as an option select while Nigma is corner trapped. Law feeling himself entirely after the all this free air space decides to back off and attempt a critical art. after several execution errors and a few raw moves from both, Law ends the show on a nice combo ending in a light kick kasumikage. both stun bars looking used and abused.

1-1

Game 3 -

Round 1, Nigma feeling some of type of way, says nah bruh these skies aint free. he lands a few anti airs and Law's health bar looking to be chasing the poverty line. Nigma returns the abuse on the toes and goes high range as well and dizzies a young Ibuki. Nigma definitely catching onto Law's jump ins and starts punishing regularly. Round 1 Nigma.

Round 2, Law showing that he definitely paid attention last round, starts neutral jumping to see if he can bait out some anti airs from Nigma. after some trading, Law feeling confident that Nigma has forgotten to anti air again and it becomes jump in city. the fella controlling Ken attempts and misses a raw ex tatsu, followed by Law asking Nigma to hold his beer as he attempts a full screen critical art. Law ends on a jump in on some fuck your last round shit.

Round 3, Law basically starts this round off like a god damn run away freight train. hes doing jump ins, mix ups, overheads, combos. just reading that probably gave you the same effect it gave Nigma cause he got dizzied. Law opts not to finish with a strong combo and just chucks Nigma to the floor like a ragdoll. Nigma wakes up with a comeback on his mind.. he activates v-trigger and goes projectile crazy.. Law responds by saying, nah we punish that over here.

2-1 Law.

Game 4 -

Round 1, Law starts it off with a nice overhead. Nigma returns the favor with a tatsu and a knockdown. he follows up with a hard punch DP (dragon punch) that whiffs. Law hits an overhead and Nigma gets busy with a nice string that lands on each attempt. they trade until Law gets corner pressure and begins his v-triggers which Nigma avoids nicely. I thought for sure the first would combo, but Nigma too gangsta for that. more trading until Nigma ends on a low kick.

Round 2, we go back to the feeling out process, some trades and what not. Nigma turns up the heat (no pun intended) and hits his first hit confirmed critical art. Law wakes up with an overhead and is met with a dragon punch for his troubles. they trade back and fourth until Law summons his Signature Sauce and goes full stunt mode with a critical art of his own. Law activates v-trigger and chases a low health Nigma to the corner who activates his own v-trigger and it met with a sweep.

Round 3, this round is literally just a brawl for all that ends with Nigma hitting an ex-tatsu.

2-2..

Game 5 -

Round 1, this starts off really well for both. theyre sitting at roughly even health around the 73 second mark. Nigma using projectiles to zone and his dash ups to obtain corner pressure is working wonders. he hits Law with a fantastic jump in. Nigma feeling himself on MAXIMUM LEVEL goes for a tea-bag taunt that im almost certain Law wasnt a fan of. he attempts a few air to airs that never connect and ends the game on a respectable punish.

Round 2, Law takes all that negative energy and quickly reminds Nigma that the toes need to be guarded at all times. so much so infact, he hits a critical art that starts there. Nigma just knock..knock..knocking on heavens door health wise. Law whos seen one too many tatsu's in his life avoids one like a superhero avoids a trespassing charge. Law closes the show punishing a projectile with a jump in.

Round 3, Nigma breaks the tension of the staredown with a projectile and some dash up sweeps. Law responds with some good jump in combos. Law's v-skill is interrupted by a nicely done combo by Nigma. his raw dp? not the best idea as Law finishes the round by punishing the mistake.

3-2 Law.

Game 6 -

Round 1, Law starts this off like he has it in the bag, at first Nigma seems tenative, but then he turns it on and returns fire. these gentlemen then trade combo's and knockdown sweeps until Nigma closes it out with a standing head kick.

Round 2, both of these guys seem to be in an awkward button check, but match at the same time? Nigma starts to string together combos, but Law lands the harder shots with knock downs. Law closes the round with a jump in over Nigmas projectile.

Round 3, Nigma playing on full tilt gets punished by button mashing like this shit is Mortal Kombat and gets a critical art for his fuckery. Law starts feeling like this shit is free and its looking that way until Nigma hits his v-trigger. altho, for the 74th time in a row Law punishes one of Nigmas projectiles…only this time he combos off Nigmas projectile bouncing Laws v-triggered bomb into himself.. HOLY SHIT.

4-2 Law

Game 7 -

Round 1, Nigma who somehow did not throw his console out the window immediately after the last round starts off composed. hes comboing nice and only using normals and keeping the zoning projectiles inward at the moment. he finally brings a projectile out, but at a range that cannot be punished and follows it with a dash up sweep. he then attempts again from a range that isnt advised and is giving Law the round free.

Round 2, Law starts this round off by blocking exceptionally well and counters Nigma with nice combos. Nigma showing he can block too becomes the first human to block a critical art from Law! but surpise surprise? Law ends the show punishing a projectile from Nigma with a free jump in.

5-2 Law

------------------------

As stated in the start of the breakdown, this "wasnt the set." I actually set the lobby first to five and was just gonna upload that footage and call it a day. these two being completely new to the series didnt know they had to agree to a rematch. So after a couple false starts, we just set the lobby to first to one and this is that set. anyway! was a bit of fun. these two hooligans are amimals.
#Bananas
Endeavor View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Wiggle wiggle said the bun that jiggle

Stats: 5-4-0
Form: WWLWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Endeavor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2017 at 6:23pm
Hello. Great write up. I'm missing frame data though. And where my games at? Shenanigans!
#Bananas

Sammy View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Beacon of Light

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Sammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2017 at 8:16pm
Neek da gawd!

Lord Puente View Drop Down
Final Boss

Audio Champ

Stats: 4-2-0
Form: LWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lord Puente Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2017 at 3:12am
lololol, nice write ups. not sure if I commented after last one, but I saw and read it all too. dope job.

not gonna lie.... so I dl'd the game, played a random twice and realized..... some games aren't meant for everyone. since I had downloaded steam, I went ahead and re downloaded counter strike, so thanks.
Neek View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Super Mario Slaughterer

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Neek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2017 at 3:39am
@Endeeze, I salute your trolling attempts, but we both know frame data is for closeted homosexuals.

@Sammy, tell your brother next time im in MA im sliding through for a legit set.

@LP, definitely. SF is a thinking mans game. youd probably be dope at injustice or mortal kombat.
#Bananas
Scotty32 View Drop Down
Site Owner
Site Owner
Speaker of Wisdom & Truth

Stats: 3-4-0
Form: WLLWLL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Scotty32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2017 at 8:12am
Where's the clip where I kicked your ass Neek?

Was the recorder not running for that match?
Great and Glorious Supreme Presidential Leader of the People's Democratic Republic of LA
Okie View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Stats: 1-2-0
Form: LLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Okie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 2:47pm
Street fighter 4   > 5      
Fuego
Okie View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Okie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 2:49pm
o my!! are these like test matches??? If not I'd deflate all yall hopes in street fight  :) 
Fuego
Neek View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Super Mario Slaughterer

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Neek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 3:10pm
hey, welcome to LA! youve certaintly found the community that best suits you because comprehension is not your strong suit. we dont think highly of comprehension here much either.

if you had read, youd notice. all 3 people have NEVER played ANY street fighter before (with the exception of Sotty32...who hasnt played since turbo on the snes) and this was during the new beta.

now, as far as your rambling.. 3s>4.. but I digress.

but hope I cleared up your confusion sport
#Bananas
The Law View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
God of the Minions

Battle Royale Champ

Stats: 64-8-8
Form: LNWWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote The Law Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 3:25pm
Originally posted by Okie Okie wrote:

o my!! are these like test matches??? If not I'd deflate all yall hopes in street fight  :) 

Whats your cfn? 
Go my Minions!

Okie View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Okie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 3:34pm
^^No longer play online .. I'm glued to VAIN GLORY :) 

And neekers  Street Fight 3 'The IMPACT' series is the BEST!!!! To me anyways   The physics :) SUUUWEEETTTT
Fuego
The Law View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
God of the Minions

Battle Royale Champ

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote The Law Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 3:45pm

^^No longer play online .. I'm glued to VAIN GLORY :) 

And neekers  Street Fight 3 'The IMPACT' series is the BEST!!!! To me anyways   The physics :) SUUUWEEETTTT

Whats your user on Vainglory? 
Go my Minions!

Okie View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Okie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 3:48pm
^^^You play?? Or you Trollin :) ... HERO???    And I'm on the North american server
Fuego
The Law View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
God of the Minions

Battle Royale Champ

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote The Law Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 4:05pm

^^^You play?? Or you Trollin :) ... HERO???    And I'm on the North american server

I go Jungler with Koshka or Grumpjaw. I'm NA as well. 
Go my Minions!

Okie View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Okie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 4:15pm
InBoxed!!  .. Lyra is my KrAk  tier 5  (should be back at 7 when I get settled back in)

Should be on in like an hour
Fuego
Sammy View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Beacon of Light

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Sammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 5:39pm
check out these game nerds

Comics > Video Games!! 

Nigma View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Topical ChampOpen Mic of the Month
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Nigma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 6:05pm
What the fuck is vain glory?
Rude View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Crew: EMPIRE

Stats: 2-2-0
Form: LWWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Rude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 6:27pm
Originally posted by Sammy Sammy wrote:

check out these game nerds

Comics > Video Games!! 

This but comic book video games >>> either

Injustice 2 is mind blowing good, played it at a friends I'ma just get the ultimate edition soon I know I gotta buy darkseid since I cancelled my pre-order
Neek View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Super Mario Slaughterer

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Neek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 7:14pm
rude is officially my favorite Empire member.

and Sammy, I never read a comic book a day in my fucking life..but this scene told me everything idda ever need to know about comics.

#Bananas
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic